Tonga Best of Eastern
A 2.5 hours fun and exciting tour in Eastern side of Tongatapu. You’ll make stops at many must-see destinations while you experience the culture of local people. Take a scenic and fun-filled island tour with us!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Your guide accompanies you to Royal Palace, home of his late Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV; a photo stop will be made outside the palace gate. Visit the famous Royal Tomb where the founder of modern Tonga is at rest, King George Tupou 1 and the rest of the late members of the Royal family. Buy some souvenirs at Talamahu Maket or at Langafonua Art Gallery, they offer a wide range of tapa cloth and tapa crafts, woven crafts from Pandanus leaves, Tongan jewellery and wood carvings. Next up is a visit to Captain Cook Landing Place, a site where Captain James Cook, the great English Explorer landed on 30 of April 1777. Next we’ll take you to Langi Terraced Tombs of the Tongan Kings.
You will pass by local schools, churches, governmental buildings, sacred burial grounds, villages and crop plantations. For the last stop of our tour, we’ll take you to Ha'amonga Trilithon, the giant stone arch which stand 5metres high and weight about 80 tons.
The fascinating history of the eastern side are great photo opportunities so, please bring your camera if you wish to take memorable photos with you. Also, to be sure you don't tread on sacred ground, please seek the assistance of your tour guide at the Burial Tombs.
After the tour, you’ll be dropped back off to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Notes for Pick up;Available from any hotels, ports, airports and any place of your like in Tongatapu.1. Pick up from hotels - We would appreciate if you could be at the hotel's lobby at least 15 mins prior to departure.For convenient, please let the hotel's reception know that you are expecting pick up from Jones Travel as we normally check guest's name at the front desk.2. Pick up from Ports & Airports - Your driver/guide will have a board with your name printed on it, please look out for the sign on your arrival.3. Other - Please provide full address of your location if not mentioned above.Airports
- Fua'Amotu Intl Airport, Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu Island Tonga
- Vuna Wharf, Tonga, 島
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.