Top-Rated Snorkeling Silfra Tour Self-Drive
Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience with a snorkeling trip to Silfra. Float between two continental plates, surrounded by astonishingly clear water and mesmerizing colors while admiring this underwater world. You don’t need to be a certified diver in order to experience water at its clearest! Snorkeling at Silfra is suitable for anyone who feels comfortable in water and knows how to swim. The snorkeling tour of Silfra is done in a dry suit, helping you to stay warm and dry inside the suit while swimming in the cold, crystal clear water.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided snorkeling trip
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- All necessary snorkeling equipment
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos of your snorkeling tour (available to purchase)
- Additional food and drinks
Upon arrival at Silfra, your guide will give you your dry suit and snorkeling equipment. Your snorkel guide will explain how to use this equipment and how to ensure that you will be warm and comfortable during your tour. The guide will help you with putting all the gear on and you can change in our heated Changing Van. We recommend wearing long underwear and thick socks. When ready, you will walk 5 minutes to Silfra and start your 30 to 40 minute snorkeling tour of Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral, and Silfra Lagoon.
After snorkeling in the cold water, we warm you up with hot cocoa and cookies.
The service level at Dive.is is the best, there is a reason TripAdvisor chose our Snorkeling Tour the No 4 experience in the world!
• Silfra, Thingvellir Iceland
• Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Departure Point :Dive Silfra, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All participants will need to fill out a medical form before participating in the tour. Please contact local operator in order to request the form via email. Or you can fill it out online
- All participant heights, weights and age must be provided to local operator. If you did not provide at time of booking, please contact supplier immediately after booking to provide this information.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- We recommend wearing long thermal underwear and thick wool socks as a base layer under the dry suit
- Minimum height is 4ft 11in (150cm). Minimum weight is 100lbs (45kg).
- Maximum height and weight is 6ft7in (200cm) and 264lbs (120kg).
- Participants must be comfortable in water and able to swim, physically fit and healthy
- Please note that that dry suits can sometimes feel quite tight and constricting
- All participants must be able to communicate in English.
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Dry suits are worn over your own clothing
- Recommended to bring a change of clothes and warm undergarments
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.