Torres del Paine Day Trip from El Calafate
Starting with a pickup in an air-conditioned vehicle from your centrally located El Calafate hotel, this full day excursion will give you the chance to experience Torres del Paine National Park, without having to stay there overnight.
Once at the National Park, choose between a visit by bus or in 4WD to see all of the park's highlights such as the Salto Grande Waterfall, Cuernos del Paine, Nordenskjold Lake, Sarmiento Lake, just to name a few.
A boxed lunch, bottled water, and drop off back at your El Calafate hotel are all included in the price.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Boxed Lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel located in the City Centre. Please, provide the hotel name at the time of booking.
Take into account that this is an adventure excursion with the purpose of getting to know the mountainous region of Torres del Paine National Park in one day. We will travel a total of 700 km.. The trip to the park takes 3.5 hours one way and 3.5 hours back plus border customs. The estimated time touring inside the Park is 6 hours.
We begin our Day Tour to Torres del Paine National Park by picking you up directly from your hotel in El Calafate at 6:45 am.
Crossing the Patagonian Steppe from North to South, we arrive at the border pass of Cancha Carrera (2,20 hours of traveling), from where we start visiting the beautiful South of Chile until we get into Torres del Paine National Park (“Azules” according to the Tehuelche language, which refers to its predominant colour)
Stop At: Torres del Paine National Park, Torres del Paine National Park, Magallanes Region
From the moment you get to the Park, we offer you two options: visit by bus or go trekking and riding in 4x4 vehicles.
Among the possible centres of attraction and lookouts than can be visited, we can find:
- Sarmiento de Gamboa Lake (lookout)
- Amarga Lagoon
- Paine River waterfalls
- Panoramic stop with descent of 15 minutes in Superior Viewpoint of Nordenskjold Lake (Panoramic of the Horns)
- Salto Grande (50 minute walk), if the weather permitting, we will continue with the longest walk of 1 hour more towards Lake Nordenskjold to appreciate the Cuernos del Paine very closely.
- Pehoé Lake, panoramic view of the horns
At midday you will enjoy a picnic in the mountain.
We start our return to El Calafate around 5-6 pm, arriving around 22 pm.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located El Calafate hotels.The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers must provide the following information at the time of the booking, otherwise, the booking won't be confirmed: Full name, passport number, nationality, date of birth.
- Border crossing times may vary depending on current traffic. Each passenger is responsible for carrying the documentation required for crossing the border
- Entrance fee to the park must be paid in Chilean Pesos or US Dollars. Please, take the cash with you.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is forbidden to enter Chile with vegetables or animal products
- The lunch will be outdoors. It case of bad weather, lunch will be inside the vehicle.
- It is highly recommended that passengers have the appropriate clothing for outdoor activities: waterproof jacket, fleece, trekking shoes, cap, sunglasses, small backpack.
- In the event of extreme weather that does not allow passengers to get out of the vehicle, the guide may make changes to the itinerary
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance, in case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.