Tortuguero Canal Eco Cruise and Banana Plantation Shore Excursion from Limon
Board your covered boat for a 60 minutes leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rain forest eco-system and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, many sloths, toucans, aquatic birds, bats and crocodiles as well as exotic flora.
After the boat ride, enjoy a snack of fresh tropical fruits before to board your mini bus again for the journey to the next destination. A Del Monte Banana Plantation where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained: The Crop, harvesting, processing, packing and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, becoming one of the most important economic activities in the region.
Note: In this tour we visit the plantations. No the packing houses due they are private properties and we are not allowed to get in. Our guide will explain from the side road about the activity.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fresh Fruits Snack
- Entry/Admission - Tortuguero Canal
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tortuguero Canal Terminal de Cruceros Japdeva Cruise Terminal, Puerto Limon 70101 Costa Rica
Parque Nacional Tortuguero is a protected wilderness area on Costa Rica's northern Caribbean coast. Its beaches are famous nesting grounds for sea turtles, including endangered green turtles. The park's freshwater creeks and lagoons, which can be navigated by boat or canoe, shelter spectacled caimans and river turtles. The surrounding dense rainforest is also rich with wildlife, from monkeys to many bird species. Our tour includes a peaceful boat journey along the canals for admire the rich biodiversity of the area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Puerto Limon, Puerto Limon, Province of Limon
Puerto Limón, commonly known as Limón, is the capital city and main hub of Limón province, as well as of the canton of Limón in Costa Rica. It is the seventh largest city in Costa Rica, with a population of over 55,000, and is home of the Afro-Costa Rican community. The caribbean province is a natural paradise, formed by a combination of dense jungles, imposing mountains, and paradisiac beaches. Limon has the highest percentage of protected land in Costa Rica, as well as a wide variety of flora and fauna. Its vegetation is exuberant as are the cultures throughout the province.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Terminal Hernan Garron Salazar - JAPDEVA, Principio de la ruta 32,, Limón, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
For Puerto Limon the Pick Up place is main entrance of the pier (main street). It is a short distance from your ship. There you will see our staff holding a sign with your name on it. All our tour guides wear a Green Color Polo Uniform and a Greenway Flag is very visible.Ports
- Puerto Limon Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide you a health care kit for your personal security and our transportation services will work with the 50% of the total capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.