Total Athens Sweet Delights Food Walking Tour
Greece is the type of place where you can see ancient ruins alongside pulsating, bohemian neighbourhoods; where the old world co-exists with a sort of anarchic urbanisation.
On this six-hour tour, you will admire classical landmarks and one of Europe's trendiest neighbourhoods, all with a local guide by your side. Throw in some delicious food and a spot of shopping and you've got a well-balanced tour that allows you to see two very different sides of our fair city.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- 4 special sweet delights at 4 different sweet spots
- Bottled water
- Train fares
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Entry/Admission - National Garden
- Entry/Admission - Zappeion Conference & Exhibition Center
- Entry/Admission - Arch of Hadrian (Pili tou Adrianou)
- Entry/Admission - Plaka
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Syntagma, Syntagma, Athens, Attica
Your Athens tour begins in Syntagma Square, the most important and crowded square in the city, boasting an impressive array of neoclassical buildings. The best known is the Grande Bretagne, once a royal palace but now a luxury hotel which has housed everyone from Churchill to Madonna.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Leoforos Vasilissis Amalias Syntagma Square, Athens 100 28 Greece
At the upper end of the square you will see the Evzones, or guards of the Constitution, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The Evzones are traditionally dressed in 17th/18th century clothes: an impressive white skirt, a red hat and an old rifle. The changing of the guard happens every hour, and frankly, no sightseeing tour of Athens is complete without seeing this spectacle!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: National Garden, Leoforos Amalias 1, Athens 10557 Greece
Next on this Athens tour you’ll walk by the once Royal Gardens.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zappeion Conference & Exhibition Center, Leof. Vasilissis Olgas, Athens Greece
You will admire the stunning Zappeion Megaron building, designed by the famous Danish architect Theophil Freiherr von Hansen in 1878.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arch of Hadrian (Pili tou Adrianou), Leoforos Amalias, Athens Greece
You will also see Hadrian’s Arch, built to honour one of the most revered Roman emperors. Directly behind it you can see the ruins of the Jupiter (Zeus) temple as you taste and feel the history of Athens.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
You’ll stop for a coffee under the shade of the mighty Acropolis.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Exarcheia, Athens, Greece
You will jump on the metro and exit at one of Europe’s most interesting neighbourhoods, Exarcheia.
Athens isn’t all about the Acropolis, there's plenty of modern action to be had too! Get off the beaten track with us to the Exarcheia neighbourhood, the most alternative district of Athens and find out why Exarcheia has been voted as one of the coolest neighborhoods of Europe. Explore where the city's students, intellectuals and artists prefer to live. Discover second-hand vinyl stores, vintage fashion stores, independent coffee shops and contemporary art spaces and try some of our favourite Greek sweet delights!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Syntagma Square, Pl. Sintagmatos, Athina 105 63, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :ΠΑΝΕΠΙΣΤΗΜΙΟ ΠΛ.1, Athens 106 79, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress in smart casual clothing.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Your tour visits several historic sites of Athens, giving you a sense of the city's rich history, as well as supporting local cultural heritage.
- By joining this tour you are helping to support local businesses in a neighbourhood that doesn't generally benefit from tourism.
- By visiting 100% local, small-scale businesses, you'll help them thrive through financial crisis.
- By visiting a 100-year-old local bakery, your tour helps this historic business continue serving authentic local delicacies.
- By joining this tour, you are helping to keep Exarcheia's unconventional and creative characters in the spotlight, during times where national forces are creating tension
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.