Toubkal Climb from Marrakech in 2Day
Discover the beauty of the Atlas Mountains
Visit Berber villages and enjoy local hospitality
Climb the highest peak in Morocco and North Africa
During this 2-day hiking and climbing programme in the Moroccan High Atlas, you will make the ascent of Jebel Toukal, the highest point of the Maghreb and North Africa. Enjoy Berber hospitality at the Toubkal refuge, and a gentle climb to the summit
per adult from
What's included :
- Private round-trip transport from Marrakech
- Mountain guide (speaks English, French, and Spanish)
- Mule for luggage
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Accommodation at the Neltner hut
What's excluded :
- Soft drinks and mineral water
- Sleeping bag
- Spend 2 memorable days in the spectacular Atlas Mountains on this trekking excursion from Marrakech. Take in stunning views, enjoy Berber hospitality, and ascend to the summit of Toubkal.
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil – Nelter Refuge
You’ll be picked up at your hotel after breakfast and head off on the 90-minute drive to Imlil village. This is where you’ll meet the rest of the small team before embarking on a 5-6 hour trek to the small shelter under the top of Toubkal. In some places, the paths are quite steep and narrow, as you continue to rise through the secluded mountains. The route takes you through several passes before you arrive at the shelter where you can enjoy Berber hospitality and spend the night.
The first day's trek will involve walking for 5-6 hours and a climb of 1,500 metres (4,921 feet).
Day 2: Toubkal Refuge – Toubkal Summit – Imlil – Marrakech
On the second day, you’ll make the ascent to the highest point of the Maghreb. Note that this climb does not present any major difficulties. The last peak of Toubkal is wide and the climb is not as steep on the approach to the summit. Marvel at the cliffs that overlook the other side of Lake d'Ifni. After reaching the highest point in North Africa, you will descend to Imlil, where you’ll be picked up for the return trip to Marrakech.
The duration of the second day’s trek is approximately 8 hours. You will make an ascent of 1,000 additional metres (3,280 feet). In total, the descent will be approximately 2,468 metres (8,097 feet).
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You’ll be picked up at your hotel after breakfast and head off on the 90-minute drive to Imlil village. This is where you’ll meet the rest of the small team before embarking on a 5-6 hour trek to the small shelter under the top of Toubkal.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.