Toubkal trek - 2 days
At 4167m, Mount Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa. The hike to the summit is challenging, but it requires no mountaineering experience and the panoramic view from he summit makes the hard work worthwhile.
With the start of the trek just a couple of hours drive from Marrakech, you can reach the summit and back within 2 days and still have time to explore Morocco’s most captivating city, Marrakech
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Transport from Marrakech and back to Marrakech, 1 night accommodation (camping), meals, mule, cook and English speaking guide.
- Entry/Admission - Toubkal Guide
- Entry/Admission - Toubkal
What's excluded :
- rental equipment such as crampons (Winter), ice axe (Winter), sleeping bags, walking poles, soft drinks (mineral water, Fanta etc) and tip.
Day 1: Transfer from Marrakech - 6 hours trek
Stop At: Toubkal Guide, Marrakech Morocco
Day 1: Pick up at 8:00 am from your accommodation in Marrakech. After a transfer of approx 1,5 hour to the little village of Imlil you will start your trek. Heading along the Mizane Valley, we first pass the village of Aremd and then onto the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch. You then continue east and by crossing the flood plains your route takes you along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley. Crossing the river you eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims. From here the trail continues to climb steadily, snaking and zigzagging its way up to the snowline and the refuge (3206m). Here you will spend the night in a tent camping near the refuge.
About 5 to 6 hours walking.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in a Local Gite
Day 2: 10 hours trek and transfer back to Marrakech
Stop At: Toubkal, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Day 2: Early in the morning you make your attempt on the summit of Jebel Toukbal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Your route takes you up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the going quite difficult in parts. The views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. When you reach the summit you will see that the vistas across the surrounding landscape are quite breathtaking. From here there are unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. You will retrace your steps when you return down the mountain and head back towards Imlil. Transfer back to Marrakech, drop off at the same location where we picked you up.
About 9 to 10 hours walking.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up you from your accommodation in Marrakech at 8 AM
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.