Tour 1 day. Kayaking in Río Hondo and Dzibanché and Kinichná archaeological sites
The travelers will be able to take a look at the Mayan culture and its ecosystems through a refreshing activity in Kayak through the Río Hondo, where they will be able to enjoy its fauna and flora (birds, manatees, mangroves) and will know its importance from the time of the Mayans, then refuge. pirates, and to this day. We will visit one of the most interesting and little known archaeological sites of the Classic Maya: Dzibanché and Kinichná, where you will learn part of the history and culture of this territory from the hand of our guide. Latitud Maya offers small groups, and abundant support material to make this trip an unforgettable experience.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Kayak with life jacket
- Certified guide
- Entrance to archeological sites
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Dzibanche
What's excluded :
- Extra food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rio Hondo, Rio Hondo, Zacapa Department
Explore part of the Río Hondo by kayak, the border symbol between Mexico and Belize, take advantage of this space of silence to listen to the sounds of nature, a unique experience that will give you peace.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ucum, Ucum, Yucatan Peninsula
We will stop for lunch at a local restaurant, where you can enjoy delicious regional dishes, with options for vegetarians.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kinichná, Q.R., Mexico
The view of this well-known pyramid known as the "Casa del Sol", for its imposing landscape around, invites you to climb and enjoy it. You can use our binoculars to appreciate the birds and animals of the region.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Dzibanche, Chetumal Mexico
You will enjoy this Petén-style site where you will be able to contemplate the hieroglyphs engraved on the monuments on the stairs of the Temple of the Captives. Our certified guide will tell you about the history of the place and the Mayan culture, and you will discover some animals such as the spider monkey and birds of the area with the help of the binoculars that we will provide.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The collections will be made at the hotels in the center of Chetumal and in the center of Bacalar. In case of requiring any special collection, please contact in advance and if it is in our hands we will try to give you the service.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.