Join us for an unique Northern Lights Tour in Alta, in Northern Norway and experience the breathtaking magic of the sky.
Alta is an excellent location to see the Northern lights, due to the stable in-land climate during the winter.
Why should you book a tour with us?
We are the only tour operator in Alta, that offers a “Northern Lights guarantee”. Read more about it in our tour descriptions.
We only offer our Northern Lights guarantee for booking at our site.
The founder of the company has a Sami background, so it is natural for us to give our guests insight into the Sami history and culture. We can offer tours in english, norwegian and german language.
We focus on tours with small groups and high service in a personal and cosy atmosphere. Our bus is modern and provides good space and comfort for our passengers. Upon request we can also offer 50-seat bus service.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- We don’t offer our Northern Lights Guarantee for booking at TripAdvisor.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Northern Norway, Northern Norway
We will take you on a journey, to hunt the Northern Lights in Alta, Northern Norway.
Our bus will pick you up from Alta at 6 p.m. and we start our adventure to hunt for the famous and magical Northern Lights! We do not have a fixed route, as we are always going for the best spots, depending on the weather.
Warm clothes will be provided to our guests, warm beverages are also included. Additionally we serve some traditional snacks during our hunt. During our journey we will tell you a lot about the Sami culture, the region and other interesting facts.
Every guest receives our pictures of the trip by email.
On this trip we have our Northern Light Guarantee:*
If we do not find northern lights, we give a discount of 500 NOK.
Our Northern lights guarantee are only for booking directly with us on our website.
Not valid when booking through our partners or another platforms.
Price: 1500 NOK / person if booked and paid on our website
01 September - 30 September :
7 pm – 12 pm. (5 hours)
01 October - 29 February :
6 pm - 11 pm. ( 5 hours)
01 March - 15 April :
7 pm - 12 pm. ( 5 hours)
Pickup at Alta port / Cruisedocks, Thon Hotel Alta, Scandic Hotel Alta and Tourist Information Alta. Other pick up places on request.
Departure Point :1: Cathedral Of The Northern Lights, Markedsgata 30, 9510 Alta, Norway
2: Havneveien 18, 9515 Alta, Norway
3: Thon Hotel Alta, Labyrinten 6, 9510 Alta, Norway
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup point at Scandic hotell Alta are at the entrance on the same side like the cathedral.Pickup at the cruise ports.Airports
- Alta Airport, Alta Norway
- Alta Havn KF, Havneveien 24, 9515 Alta, Norway
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.