Tour de Force
Our Tour de Force begins from the cruise ship Terminal in Port Zante. In 15 minutes, you will learn about the history of Port Zante and historic downtown Basseterre. Learn important trivia such as that Port Zante sits on twenty five acres of reclaimed land from the sea and that the Royal Bank of Canada now sits on the location of an old British Fort. Learn more trivia on our exciting tour as we continue to the egrets nesting site and Bloody Point and then spend 45 minutes at the World Heritage UNESCO Site Brimstone Hill. Do you know that this amazing structure was over one hundred years in the making? From there it's off to the Amazing Grace Experience, home of John Newton, who was inspired to write the song Amazing Grace after witnessing firsthand the inhumane treatment of the slaves he brought to St. Kitts from the continent of Africa. There is also the option to purchase a wide variety of local lunch as we finally make our way back to Port Zante.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour begins at 10:00 am sharp with a 15 minute drive through downtown Basseterre. Drive in air conditioned comfort as you see and hear of the history of the town's iconic monuments from our experienced English tour guide such as the Sir Thomas Berkley Memorial, the "1840", and Independence Square. Hear more trivia of Irish Town, the War Memorial, the Egrets nesting site and Bloody Point as you drive by.
Our next stop will be the famous Brimstone Hill National Fortress which was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. This magnificent structure was build by the British in 1790 to fortify the island from the French Army. A feat of true power, skill and strength unmatched to this day.
Then it’s off to the highlight of the tour, The Amazing Grace Experience located in beautiful Sandy Point. This was the setting which changed the life of a foul mouthed Captain John Newton who later went on to pen that famous and beloved song Amazing Grace. This segment of the tour is of 30 minutes duration and entrance fees are also included in the cost of the tour.
See the pristine black sand Pump Bay beach where Captain Newton landed his slave ships, now voted one of the best black sand beaches in the world by USA Today.
From AGE we head back to the Cruise ship terminal where you have the option to purchase have a wide variety of lunches or shop at our Arinagour Craft Market for locally made hand crafted souvenirs.
Departure Point :Port Zante, St Kitts & Nevis
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in St. KittsPorts
- Port Zante
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.