Tour For Kids and Families Vatican Sistine Chapel & St.Peter's
This fascinating half-day tour incorporates the Vatican City’s most famous attractions, including the collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues, Raphael’s Rooms, the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps, the Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica and Square and much more! Led by an expert guide, this tour includes pre-booked tickets ensuring you’ll avoid the queues before exploring the treasures of the Vatican.
per adult from
What's included :
- skip the line ticket
- kids friendly guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
On this Vatican tour you’ll see some of the most famous and loved works of art and architecture which make this such a special place. You’ll be met by your guide at the entrance to the Museums and skip the queues with your pre-booked tickets, ready to begin exploring. If required, you can leave your belongings in the cloakroom and take a comfort break before the tour begins.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
With the first stop will be at the vast collection of ancient Roman and Greek sculptures uncovered through the years during excavations across Rome. Your guide will show you the most important of these , including the Belvedere Apollo, the Torso, the busts of Claudius and Hadrian and the sarcophagi of Helen and Constance, the mother and daughter of Emperor Constantine.
Next up will be the Room of Animals and the Gallery of Candelabra where you’ll view (and walk on) rare Roman mosaics and view the magnificent statues of Diana of Ephesus, the Muses and a multitude of Greek philosophers.
The tour will then head through the Gallery of Tapestries, the Sobieski Hall and Raphael’s Rooms. Once the private apartments of Pope Julius II, Raphael’s Rooms were decorated by Raphael, and it’s here you’ll see two of his most famous works, the Parnassus and The School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The highlight of any tour of the Vatican is, of course, the Sistine Chapel, Italy’s most popular attraction. You’ll hear from your guide about Michelangelo’s frescoes - The Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis - as well as about the Stories of Moses and Jesus painted by Botticelli, Perugino and other renowned Renaissance artists.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You’ll then move on to the world’s most famous Catholic Church - Saint Peter’s Basilica – which houses Michelangelo’s famous, La Pietà, which you will view, as well the tombs of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Finally, you will leave the Basilica into the vast expanse of Saint Peter’s Square. From here you can see the chimney is used to announce the election of a new pope, as well as Bernini’s famous statues. After a couple more anecdotes your guide will say goodbye, leaving you to explore the square at your leisure. A perfect end to a brilliant tour of the Vatican!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.