(Tour in French) MYTHS, MYSTERIES AND MOAI. IMPORTANT SITES
Myths, mysteries and Moai. Discovering a human adventure unique in history.
AROHA TOURS RAPA NUI presents the tour of Easter Island with its main archaeological sites to understand the fantastic heritage of this ancient megalithic civilization.
The private nature of the excursion ensures personal attention.
We adapt to your desires, at your own pace, trying to avoid tourist overcrowding on sites.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle transportation
- Private guided tours with French tour guide
What's excluded :
- entrance ticket, 80 USD / pers., (7-17 years, 40 USD), valid for 10 days and for all sites.
- Lunch - Restaurant on site or picnic (developed area).
- Entry/Admission - Anakena Beach
- Entry/Admission - Ahu Te Pito Kura
- Entry/Admission - Papa Vaka
- Entry/Admission - Pu o Hiro
- Entry/Admission - Rano Raraku
- Entry/Admission - Ahu Tongariki
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anakena Beach, Easter Island Chile
On the other side of the island, opposite the only village, the white sandy beach of Rapa Nui: Anakena. This is where the first Polynesian settlers arrived. An idyllic place, worthy of the most beautiful postcards, bathed in translucent waters and sheltered in the only coconut grove of Easter Island. Here, too, the site has been completely restored, and its Moai are the best preserved that we can still admire today.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ahu Te Pito Kura, Easter Island Chile
Continuing between Anakena beach and the Poike peninsula in the North East, you will discover the largest Moai which was raised on its altar. Knocked down in the 19th century and broken in two, it bears witness to the gigantism of this astonishing megalithic civilization. Next to the platform, a stone with magnetic anomalies seems to protect the giant stone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Papa Vaka, Camino Vaitea Anakena, Easter Island Chile
Shortly after, we stop on a basalt outcrop that houses petroglyphs, the other great expression of the Neolithic civilization of Easter Island. Concentrated on fishery resources, these representations remind us of the importance of the marine universe, an essential component of the Rapa Nui environment.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pu o Hiro, Hanga Roa, Easter Island Chile
A stop of a few minutes to appreciate the aerophone stone.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rano Raraku, Easter Island Chile
Almost all the stone giants of Easter Island have been carved here. The Moai quarry is the site that most fascinates visitors. Hundreds of statues are still there and continue to captivate tourists from around the world who wander among them.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ahu Tongariki, Easter Island Chile
Then we will arrive at one of the architectural gems of Polynesia: the Ahu Tongariki. It is the most important and undoubtedly the most remarkable restored site on the island. 15 Moai, these monoliths that have made Easter Island world famous, face visitors. Supposed to be astronomical, the sunrises give the place a special atmosphere.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure: 09:30 amWhatever the place of your accommodation (hotel, residence, family pension, campsite,cruise), I'll pick you up.Airports
- Mataveri Intl Airport, Easter Island Chile
- Hanga Piko, Hanga Roa, Easter Island, Valparaíso, Chile
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.