Tour in Thracian & Antique Fortress Kabile + ticket
The Ancient Thracian city of Kabile is a nowadays Archaeological Preserve located 10 km away for the southeastern Bulgarian city of Yambol. This is a top sight to be experienced which could fill at least half of your day.
Our e-guide with all information will lead and show you absolutely everything. Enjoy!
per adult from
What's included :
- Rabbit's peak (if this option is booked)
- Ticket & parking
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Visit: NAR "Kabile", 8629, Bulgaria
The city of Kabile was founded around 2000 BC, and was one of the most important cities of Ancient Thrace. In fact, it is believed to have been one of the royal residences of the kings from the Odryssian Kingdom, the most powerful state of the Ancient Thracians. In 341 BC, Kabile was conquered by Philip II of Macedon. The Ancient Thracian city is mentioned by 14 ancient authors, the first of whom describes its conquest by Philip II of Macedon. After the collapse of Alexander the Great’s empire, in the 3rd century BC, Kabile was ruled once again by the Ancient Thracians. It was conquered by the Roman Empire in 71 BC, and later was incorporated into the Roman province of Thrace. It was an important regional center in the Late Antiquity as well. The city of Kabile was modeled after the Ancient Greek cities at the time. It boasts a stone acropolis with a unique rock relief of the ancient goddess of Cybele, a protector of the city. In the 4th century AD, Kabile was conquered by the Goths, and was later destroyed for good by the Avars. The Kabile Archaeological Reserve was established in 1965 on a territory of 650 decares (160 acres). It features ancient structures such as the agora (a central square), Roman barracks, Roman thermae, a bishop’s basilica, among others. Kabile is excavated every year by archaeological teams from Bulgaria and abroad.
It’s also an important spiritual sight with a lot of energetic stones at the top - Rabbit’s peak. It’s worth taking the trek up there and experience it.
Departure Point :NAR "Kabile", 8629, Bulgaria
Departure Time :Entrance + guided visit 1/1/2021 - 8/9/2022
Entrance ticket only 1/1/2021 - 8/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Rabbit's peak 1/1/2021 - 8/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, wear comfortable shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.