Tour of Coyoacán: Callejones, Historia y Leyendas
The tour of Coyoacán will take place in a very picturesque area of the neighborhood, we will walk among cobbled alleys, volcanic stone constructions and old houses in a colonial environment full of nature and province airs.
You will understand why this area fell in love with its first settlers and the Spaniards to found the first city council in the Valley of Mexico: Coyoacán. In addition to why the Spanish from this point planned the attack on the great Tenochtitlan.
We will tell pre-Hispanic legends and stories, colonial among others. From the pre-Hispanic we will talk about Mexican omens, visions or prophecies (also called Aztecs) that supposed the arrival of the Spaniards from many years before.
Route so original, that even many people who have lived in the area all their lives, have been surprised.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Casa Fuerte Indio Fernandez
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Chapel of Santa Catarina, originally an open chapel in the Garden of Santa Catarina, one of the most picturesque and representative squares around the Center of Coyoacán
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Callejon del Aguacate Coyoacán, Mexico City 04010 Mexico
It is one of the best known alleys in Coyoacán and Mexico City. It has a very old, mysterious touch and there are quite a few legends that are told about it.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Francisco Sosa Avenue, Mexico City Mexico
Without a doubt, it is the most emblematic street in Coyoacán, with a pre-Hispanic layout, linking San Ángel with Coyoacán and was considered Calle Real. During the tour we talk about important places that are on the street, such as former Haciendas, emblematic houses of the Neighborhood, places of pre-Hispanic settlements and we will see lava remains of volcanic eruptions.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Callejón de Torresqui, Santa Catarina, 04010 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
A high percentage of the route is over cobbled alleys with a very provincial atmosphere. Day, afternoon or night you will find many architectural, magical or mysterious reasons that help you understand the importance of the neighborhood.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Casa Fuerte Indio Fernandez, Calle Ignacio Zaragoza 51 Con Dulce Olivia Barrio de Santa Catarina, Coyoacan, Mexico City 04010 Mexico
We will see architecture externally and tell some stories related to the house and life of the famous actor of the golden age of Mexican cinema. We will not enter the house.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Fonoteca Nacional, Av Francisco Sosa 383, Santa Catarina, Coyoacán, 04010 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
We will pass in front of the National Fonoteca, an 18th-century building built with an Andalusian and Moorish influence declared a historical monument by the Directorate of Colonial Monuments in 1932.
Departure Point :Jardín Sta Catarina 10, Santa Catarina, Coyoacán, 04010 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.