Tour of Hill of Tara and Tombs of Loughcrew from Dublin
Come and experience some of the most special sites in the Boyne Valley including the Hill of Tara and the Tombs of Loughcrew.
Touch kerbstones dating thousands of years old.
Let me weave for you the fascinating stories of the Boyne Valley, birthplace of Ireland's Ancient East - from the land-thirsty kings to saints and scholars - as we make our way through an immersive journey off the beaten track - through 5,000 years of ancient Irish history - past landmarks and locations that have played host to great deeds and legends.
On windswept hills, in small green fields, or simply at a bend in the road - the stories here are never far away. They are written on the land and echo in the voices of the locals.
"Tell me a story; spin me a tale" - are you ready?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Dublin/Louth/Westmeath areas.
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Come & see some of the most fascinating stories of Ireland. The area known as Ireland’s Ancient East is the home of the history and Story of Ireland.
Here you will find an authentic and rich glimpse into the past.
The Hill of Tara - where the High Kings of Ireland ruled the country from for thousands of years - is possibly one of the most important sites in Ireland.
We drive through Tailteann where the ancient pre-Olympic Games of Ireland used to take place.
The term the “Land of Saints and Scholars” is very well demonstrated in Kells – now on the Tentative List to be a World Heritage Site with Unesco – home of one of the world’s most precious manuscripts - The Book of Kells - and the best technical farmers of medieval times.
We then go up the road and see Ireland's biggest cemetery - Loughcrew Cairns - dating from nearly 2,000 years before the creation of the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
We finish with a row up the Boyne Canal with Boyne Boats - in handmade traditional Irish boats that were used in the filming of Game of Thrones - Westeros meets the Battle of the Boyne! (minimum of 2 people - otherwise we visit the Battle of the Boyne Centre.)
On the way we experience local foods - some wonderful foods - local people and Céad míle fáilte - the best hospitality in the world.
Departure Point :On advisement from your accommodation in Dublin, Meath, Louth or Westmeath.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for pregnant women or anyone with a heart condition
- Ireland is green as it rains a lot!! So we need rain gear - and comfortable shoes for the hillsides.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.