Tour of Sorrento Exploration+Wine Tasting with Lunch on Mt. Vesuvius (Full Day)
You will be guided by one of our professional, well educated and knowledgeable English-speaking driver guide. The driver will drive safely, commentary will be provided along the drive regarding culture and traditions of the region. Items can remain in the vehicle with reassurance of safety. The driver will be most accommodating and flexible where needed.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel and insurance fee
- 22% of italian sale tax
What's excluded :
- Lunch with Wine Tasting and vineyard tour included (€30-50 depending on menu selection)
- Gratuities 15/20% (optional but really appreciated)
- No archeological guide is included
- Entry/Admission - Via Amalfi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via Amalfi, 80067, Amalfi Italy
The past lava flows on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius (Volcano) gave rise to fertile fields which now support many prominent vineyards. On this tour, you will experience various authentic wine tasting. This is a must for any wine lovers out there who are looking to get more familiar with the famous taste of Lacryma Christi wine (translated as “tears of Christ” because of tis legend). This is a celebrated Neapolitan type of wine produced on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius in Campania Region. The name Lacryma Christi comes from an old local legend that Christ, crying over Lucifer’s fall from heaven, shed tears on the land and granted divinity to the vines that grew there. White Lacryma Christi is made mainly from Verdeca and Coda di Volpe grapes, with smaller amounts of Falanghina, Caprettone and Greco di Tufo. Red Lacryma Christi is made from Piedirosso and Sciascinoso grapes.
Sorrento is a small, quaint, and relaxed town near Naples in Campania, Southern Italy. Here you will have time to explore the town and walk along the narrow streets that lead to many homes, restaurants, family-owned shops (really good prices), taverns, villas, hotels and, most importantly, unforgettable scenery and parfumes. Overlooking the Bay of Naples, the waterfront is captivating and relaxing. This town is an extremely worldwide popular tourist attraction that has a lot to offer, from delicious food to wonderful views. Sorrento is full of intriguing architecture, churches, leather factories, limoncello factories and inlaid woodwork shops and factories to visit if you ask. From here you will stop to enjoy some of the finest culinary spots Sorrento has to offer. You will have a wide variety of food to choose from such as meat, fish and true Neapolitan pizza cooked in an authentic traditional old wood-fired oven, along with salads, seafood, vegetables, desserts, wine and various drinks.
• Sorrento You will have about 90 minutes to explore this historical center with intriguing architectures, churches, leather factories, limoncello factories and inlaid woodwork shops. Once done exploring, the driver guide will take you to the vineyard where you will have lunch and wine tasting.
• Lunch/wine tour The Wine Tour offers a remarkable experience in the countryside vineyard around the volcano of Mount Vesuvius. On this tour, you will experience the wine making processes while also getting to taste and buy authentic Italian wine. This is a must see tour for any wine lover who would want to explore some of Italy’s finest wines, such as Fiano, Taurasi and Lacryma di Christi which means the tears of Christ. Here you will have the opportunity to taste these wines as well have a light lunch.
• End of tour. The escort driver will return to the location pick up between the hours 4-5pm. Or otherwise agreed upon.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES (ENVIRONMENTAL/TRAFFIC/ACCIDENTS) OR POLITICAL REASONS (STRIKES/PROTEST).
The tour is also available as a "Sharing Tour": If you wish to meet people and save money you can create one group to join (max 8 people per van). We recommend you post the tour on CruiseCritic to promote members to join your tour)
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Naples Port, Salerno Port, Amalfi Port, Sorrento Port, Sorrento Port, Hotels , PrivateResidence, Naples Train Station, Naples airport Capodichino, Bed and breakfastAirports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Porto Di Napoli, Piazzetta di Porto, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/20/2018 - 12/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible / restrictions in certain areas- if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.