Tour Old Kathmandu with a local
All along the way you will observe the early start of the community from performing rituals to buying the daily vegetables. You will really get to see the real authentic way of life at the time of the day in the inner streets of Kathmandu.
Visit Machhindra Bahal (Goddess of Rain, White Machhindra)
Visit a herbal medicine shop and observe ancient medical herbs and practices
Visit Itumbahal courtyard of Goddess Manjushree (she cut a gorge that drained the lake and turned Kathmandu into a habitable valley)
Walk through the ancient narrow streets to see a popular, historic art of carved window (located at a private residence but the owner cannot tamper or sell it as it is a national property)
After you are back at the hotel you can enjoy coffee/ tea at the courtyard of Kantipur Temple House and relax in the hotel which is simple and traditional.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Asan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asan, Between Durbar Square and Thamel, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Market full of vegetables and all crafts work that you can see.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kantipur Temple House, Chhusya Galli, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.