Tour Salineras de Maras and Moray in Private with Peru Vip
· We work with the best schedules to visit Las Salineras de Maras and Moray quietly. Making your experience unique
· We work in private services to have more time of visit and comfort.
· Our guides are accredited professionals, specialists in Nature and Culture for this route.
· Our transports with all the certification, are private, modern and comfortable to make your trip pleasant.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Private Tourist Transport
- Permanent assistances and respective transfers.
- Professional guide in required language.
- Tourist visit to the Salineras de Maras and Moray
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the Salinas de Maras (15 soles per person)
- Admission tickets to Moray (70 Soles per person)
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
Moray was possibly an Inca agricultural research center where crop experiments were carried out at different heights, the layout of its platforms produces a gradient of microclimates with the center of concentric circular platforms having a higher temperature and gradually decreasing towards the outside. lower temperatures, thus being able to simulate up to 20 different types of microclimates. It is believed that Moray could have served as a model for the calculation of agricultural production not only of the Urubamba Valley but also of different parts of the Tahuantinsuyo or territory of the Incas.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Salt ponds embedded in salt in Maras resemble a layer of snow that covers the slope of Qoripujio mountain in the distance. It is a spectacular sight. Each of the more than 3000 pools have different shades of white or brown. The salt of Maras has been collected since pre-Inca times and travelers are invited to see this centennial tradition in operation.
During the 12th century and the middle of the 14th century, the Inca Empire took over the operation of Maras. The Incas seasoned and preserved their food with salt. They may also have used the ore for mummification and other religious ceremonies. Ownership and management of the individual salt mines were given to families living in the nearby community of Maras. The same salt extraction process used by these families during Inca times has been transmitted from generation to generation and is still practiced today.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from their hotels located within the historic center of the city of Cusco at a scheduled time. Which will be left a day earlier in the reception of your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.