Tour the Sea Grottoes of the Amalfi Coast
Spend an enchanting day discovering the natural caves of the Amalfi Coast up close. We’ve created a custom boat excursion for travelers who want to explore all the hidden caves and grottoes along the Amalfi Coast. Truly experience the beauty of this coastline firsthand while seeing natural arches, swimming into caves, and enjoying tiny coves with the finest swimming spots. Along the way, you will see private villas and historic watchtowers, charming fishing villages, and the majestic coastline with soaring mountains dropping straight to the sea. Enjoy a swimming adventure and find out local legends, all while surrounded by the incredible beauty of the Mediterranean and Amalfi Coast.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer and bottle of Prosecco available
- Snacks - Note: Not available on Open Deck Boat
- Local captain
- Fuel, taxes, and port fees
- Use of snorkeling masks
What's excluded :
- Emerald Grotto entrance fee of €5 per person (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Exclusive Cruises, Via Marina di Conca, 84010 Conca dei Marini SA, Italy
Exclusive Cruises will be your hosts for the day for a private 6-hour boat excursion exploring the Amalfi Coast and its beautiful sea grottoes and caves. This is a private boat tour that can be fully customized to your interests. Below is only a suggested itinerary with a selection of highlights from the day that you can experience. Note: Sights are marked "Pass By" simply because you can decide to spend as much or as little time as you would like. Exclusive Cruises will help you plan a relaxed tour custom fit to your travel desires. This is one of our favorite excursions because the grottoes of the Amalfi Coast are not mass publicized like the grottoes of Capri. They are "off the beaten path" and less crowded, making this a more authentic experience that one would not normally have the opportunity to do unless on a private boat excursion. Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to stop and swim, explore caves and grottoes, and experience the beauty of this unique coastline. Here are some highlights of the experience and sights you will enjoy:
- Pandora's Grotto: Admire this impressive cave just past the town of Maiori, which is big enough for small boats to enter.
- Marmorata: A beautiful spot on the coast with an almost tropical feel. Swim below the cool water of a little waterfall cascading into the sea.
- Sant’ Andrea Grotto: Just west of Amalfi is a cave that takes its name from Amalfi’s patron St. Andrew. Swim into the cave and walk around inside to explore more.
- Lover’s Arch: As you approach Conca dei Marini, why not enjoy a swim under the arch in this very romantic spot?
- Grotta dello Smeraldo: Called the Emerald Grotto for the way the light shimmers in deep shades of green. Climb aboard a small row boat for a short tour. (Note: There is a €5 entrance fee for the tour.)
- Grotta Africana: Named after the iconic Africana nightclub located nearby, this cave is gorgeous to swim into and see the light reflected on the water in shades of blue and green.
- Natural Tunnel: Between Praiano and Positano, a little tunnel in the rocks that you can swim through.
- Laurito Grotto: Swim into this little grotto near Positano. It is cold, as there’s a natural water source inside.
- Fornillo Grotto: Beneath an ancient watchtower overlooking Positano's Fornillo Beach, this is a popular local spot to explore.
- Punta Germano: When viewed from the right angle, this rock formation not far from Positano looks like a face in profile. Nearby there are beautiful turquoise swimming coves and rocky beaches.
- Nerano Grottoes: The natural landscape of the Baia di Ieranto and Nerano area near the tip of the Sorrento Peninsula have many incredible spots for swimming and exploring, including a variety of caves and grottoes.
- Undisturbed Coastline: The Amalfi coastline is beautiful, with crumbling 14th-century lookout towers in the middle of lemon and olive groves brushing shoulders with luxury villas and five star hotels.
Pass By: Grotta dello Smeraldo, Via Principe Amedeo 52, Conca dei Marini Italy
Stop for a tour inside this large grotto on the Amalfi Coast known for its emerald green water. (Visiting the grotto is optional and the entrance fee is not included in this excursion.)
Pass By: Li Galli, Amalfi Italy
Stop for a swim in the gorgeous waters surrounding this archipelago of islands off the coastline near Positano.
Pass By: Fiordo di Furore, Via Anna Magnani 1, 84010, Furore Italy
Cruise right into this fjord on the Amalfi Coast - one of the most photographed spots on the coastline.
Departure Point :1: 84011 Amalfi, SA, Italy
2: 84017 Positano, SA, Italy
3: 84010 Praiano, SA, Italy
4: 84010 Conca dei Marini, SA, Italy
5: 84010 Minori, SA, Italy
6: 84010 Maiori, SA, Italy
7: 84010 Cetara, SA, Italy
8: Salerno, SA, Italy
9: 80061 Marina del Cantone NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All skippers and crew have been trained on essential COVID-19 protection and safety measures. Our boats are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every guest arrives and throughout the day. A private boat excursion is the best way to tour the area with only your group and the skipper on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.