Tour to Alexandria from Cairo by Car
Enjoy Cairo To Alexandria Day Trip, Visiting rock-cut Roman catacombs, the ruins of a Roman temple complex, and Qaitbey Citadel. Visit the old Bibleotheca Alexandrina and enjoy fresh seafood by the Mediterranean.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up services from hotel in Cairo & return
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
- Transfer by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Lunch during your tour
- All taxes & service charge
- Bottled water during your trip
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompey's Pillar, Al Karah WA at Toubageyah WA Kafr Al Ghates, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
The only single column marks the site of what was once a huge and elaborate temple, which was constructed of marble and decorated with precious metals on the interior. Some of the tunnels around the complex remain and are open for tourists to explore and some of the artifacts from the temple have been recovered. A life-size black basalt bull from the temple and a golden plaque marking the foundation of the Serapis are on display in the Greco-Roman Museum.
Qaitbay Citadel :Sultan Qaitbey built this picturesque fortress during the 14th century to defend Alexandria from the advances of the Ottoman Empire. His efforts were in vain since the Ottomans took control of Egypt in 1512, but the fortress has remained, strategically located on a thin arm of land that extends out into Alexandria’s harbor from the corniche.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
The Arabic name translates to English as “the mound of potshards”, referring to the broken dishes and plates that marked the area before the tombs were discovered below. This extensive complex of impressively decorated tombs dates from the Roman Era and are considered as one of the “Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages”.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bibliotheca Alexandrina, El Shatby, Alexandria 30100 Egypt
Standing on the Alexandrian Corniche, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina is a vast and striking example of modern 21st century architecture, but the building recalls something much older. The library and cultural center were inaugurated in 2002 as part of a huge project to commemorate the city of Alexandria’s legacy as an ancient center of world learning and culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- -Masks will be given to clients who do not have their own. -Admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund for the land tour will be given.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.