Tour to medieval Burana Tower (UNESCO Heritage)
The Burana tower is the 11th-century minaret which was part of the old ancient city Balasagun, capital of Karakhanid empire. You can have a great short trip to this archaeological and cultural heritage of Kyrgyzstan with beautiful sight from the top of the tower. The minaret is 25 meters tall placed on the absolutely beautiful location surrounded by green fields and majestic Tian-Shan mountains. It is possible to climb to the top of the tower by a steep, spiraling staircase and enjoy an amazing view of mountains and countryside.
Also near the tower, you can see a small collection of stone idols and petroglyphs scattered around the ground, which was collected from the ancient Turkic burial grounds of the Chui valley, the Issyk-Kul region, and the Tien Shan. These sculptures are monuments with carefully crafted features of the face, headgear, jewelry, hairstyles, weapons. Nearby museum of the Burana tower is a small but special depository of these places’ history.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Burana Tower
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Burana Tower, Don-Aryk, Tokmok 722201 Kyrgyzstan
Do you know that you can visit ancient Silk-road minaret in Kyrgyzstan only 80 kilometres from Bishkek? The Burana tower is the 11th-century minaret which was the part of the old city Balasagun, capital of Karakhanid empire. The minaret is the 25 meters tall placed on the beautiful location surrounded by green fields and majestic Tian-Shan mountains. Different interesting legends of why the tower was built exist. By some researchers, Burana served as an observation tower. From its height, it was possible to notice the approach of the enemy.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ala-Too Square, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Traveler pickup is offered
1 - 3 pax pick up from the hotel 3 or more pax pick up from meeting point Group accommodated in one hotel, pick up from the hotel
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.