Tour to old capital Georgia - city Mtskheta
Mtskheta is one of the oldest cities of Georgia near Tbilisi. Mtskheta was capital of the early Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the 3rd century BC to the 5th century AD. Here Georgians accepted Christianity in 317.Jvari Monastery is a Georgian Orthodox monastery of the 6th century near Mtskheta.. The great church represents the peak of architectural typology. It is a true architectural masterpiece of the early Medieval period overlooking the confluence of Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers from the top of the hill.
Svetitskhoveli Cathedral was built in the 11th century, although the site itself is even older, dating back to the early 4th century.The monument has an elongated cross which appears to touch the sky. The cathedral is the second largest church building in Georgia and is listed as a UNESCO.
Samtavro Monastery Complex was built in the 11th century. It contains the grave of queen Nana and Mirian III, the king of Iberia, who established Christianity as the official religion in Georgia.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - WST
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WST, Kote Apkhazi street #44, Tbilisi 0105 Georgia
Mtskheta Old Town
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :44 Kote Afkhazi St, T'bilisi 0105, Georgia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Tour operate twice in a day ,Departure at 10:00 and at 15:00
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.