Tour to Orgosolo and typical lunch with the shepherd
Arrived in Orgosolo, while visiting the historical center and the "Murales", your guide will give you information about the history of the town and about Sardinia's history.
Then you get up again in the jeep heading to the mountains, once arrived on the slopes of "Monte San Giovanni", you will have a wonderful view over the central Sardinia, the view ranges over the millenary woods, the highest peaks of the island and on clear days also the sea.
Last step is the tipycal lunch with thw shepherds, here you will taste the typical dishes of Sardinia such as cheese, sausiges, the roasted pig, the boiled sheep with potatoes, the Sardinia' crispy bread calle "pane carasau". You will also have the occasion to drink the "Cannonau" that is the Sardinia's red wine. At the end of the lunch, after coffe you will taste the Sardinia's spirits like "Mirto" and "Grappa". All the products are made by the shepherd and his family.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Tipical lunch whit the shepherd of Supramonte
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Murals of Orgosolo, Via Giuseppe Pinelli 2, 08027 Orgosolo, Sardinia Italy
Visit the folkloric old town of Orgosolo with its typical atmosphere and its wall paintings, called murals. After the sightseeing, with a short hike, you reach Monte Novo San Giovanni with its wonderful views. The typical lunch with the shepherds is your award: besides the sausiges and cheese, taste the traditional roasted piglet and a delicious dish of boiled sheep. The tasting of Sardinian wine is a must!
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: 08028 Orosei NU, Italy
2: 08022 Cala Gonone, Province of Nuoro, Italy
3: 08025 Oliena, Province of Nuoro, Italy
4: 08027 Orgosolo, Province of Nuoro, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Orosei, Sos Alinos, Cala Liberotto, Galtelli, Dorgali, Cala Gonone, Oliena
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.