Tour to Pachacamac Temple - visits to Barranco & Chorrillos
Visit one of the most important religious centers of ancient Peru, an oracle dedicated to the great god Pachacamac, the most important deity of the coast in the fifteenth century. Explore their towering pyramids and temples, which have survived the passage of centuries and still retain their majesty. Visit the great temple known as Acllahuasi where Vivian "the chosen of the Sun", specialized women's groups in productive activities, particularly in the textiles, preparation of chicha, and worshiping the sun god. From the top of the pyramids you can enjoy beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean, as well as the beautiful valley of Lurin. During the tour you will also visit the neighborhoods in Lima; Barranco and Chorrillos.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from your hotel in the Miraflores / San isidro Area
- Transportation from Lima to Pachacamac (round trip)
- Guided tour at the site of Pachacamac
- Local tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Pachacamac
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barranco, Lima Peru
After picking you up at your hotel around the Miraflores / San Isidro neighborhoods we begin our tour in Barranco, Lima’s most bohemian suburb and the prefered location to enjoy nightlife in Lima. We will see Barranco’s Central Park, its Municipal Library, the traditional Bridge of Sighs, the colonial homes and its famous boulevard.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Pantanos de Villa, Vista Alegre, Lima 15067, Chorillos, Peru, Lima Peru
Next, we will head over to Chorrillos, once the most exclusive summer resort in Lima. Nowadays, Chorrillos is the only suburb in Lima that boasts an ecological reserve called “Pantanos de Villa” which we will see on our way to Pachacamac.
Stop At: Pachacamac, Autopista Antigua Panamericana Sur km 31 Close to Lurin, Lima 16 Peru
We will drive down the South Pacific Coast Highway to Pachacamac, the most important ceremonial center in the Peruvian coast during pre-Inca and Inca times. Pilgrims went to this large complex to pay homage to the creator god Pachacamac. Throughout the centuries Pachacamac was occupied by many different Andean civilizations such as the Lima’s, the Wari’s, the Ichma’s and finally by the Inca Empire. However, the Pachacamac Oracle always remained a religious center. We will see several pyramidal temples and enclosures from different time periods such as the Adobitos Temple (I C. A.D.), the Old Temple (I C. A.D.), the Painted Temple (VIII C. A.D.), a pyramid with a ramp (XIII C. A.D) and the Temple of the Sun (XV C. A.D.). Besides the ruins we will also visit an on-site museum displaying pottery, textiles, shell and stone ornaments, as well as the wooden Pachacamac idol found during excavations in 1938. At the end of this tour, you will get dropped off at your hotel at the Miraflores / San Isidro neighborhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Only Pick-up in the Miraflores / Sand Isidro / Barranco area. If you stay outside these areas please go to the Hotel Lobby of Hotel JW Marriott Miraflores
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Remember to bring:
- Sun hat and sunblock
- Clothes for warm, cold, and rainy weather
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.