Tour to the Calingasta and Barreal Valley from San Juan
You cannot miss this spectacular Tour to the Valley of Calingasta and Barreal.
In addition to continuing to know the wonderful soil conditions and geography of the province, you will visit the Astronomical Complex El Leoncito, the most important observatory in South America.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide in English/Spanish
- Pick up/Drop off from central hotels
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Lunch, food and / or drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tickets not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional El Leoncito
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Calingasta, Calingasta, Province of San Juan, Cuyo
A quiet town that invites you to travel its mountain roads, enjoying the hospitality of its people, and a large number of activities to be carried out
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barreal, Barreal, Province of San Juan, Cuyo
During the journey, we will be able to enjoy natural and panoramic points while we cross this mountainous road. We will continue traveling to Pampa El Leoncito, a plain with a spectacular landscape and well known for the practice of landyatching (Three-wheeled vehicles under sail)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parque Nacional El Leoncito, Barreal Argentina
Here is located an Astronomical Reserve of 70 thousand hectares This area has between 270 and 300 clear nights per year, which makes it ideal for the study of heaven. It is the most important complex in Argentina and South America and has amenities to accommodate the scientists who arrive there to conduct their studies.
On the way back to the city of San Juan we will have a panoramic view of the Cerro Alcázar.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :San Juan, San Juan Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.