Tour to the Curricancha Reserve in Monteverde a paradise for birdwatchers
Curi-Cancha is a birdwatcher’s paradise. The Resplendent Quetzal, Three-Wattled Bellbird, Blue-Crowned Motmot, Orange-bellied Trogon, and many others are frequently seen. Indeed, over 200 species of birds have been observed making their home in Curi-Cancha. Frequently sighted mammals include armadillo, coati, agouti, kinkajou, ocelot, two-toed sloth, and three species of monkey: mantled howler, white-faced capuchin, and spider monkey.
You will be picked up from your hotel in the Monteverde area to drive about 30 minutes to the Reserva Curricancha in Monteverde to start your a dream journey of approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes, binoculars, waterproof coat and camera.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual guide
What's excluded :
- The Curi-Cancha Reserve is located in the Arenal-Tempisque conservation area in the heart of Monteverde. Protects 83 hectares (205 acres) of 50% virgin forest, 45% secondary forest, and 5% grassland. The altitude ranges from 1,450 meters to 1,615 meters, with 40% of very humid montane low forest and 60% of pre-montane humid forest.
Seven kilometers of nature trails allow visitors to explore the flora and fauna of the tropical cloud forest. Curi-Cancha is a paradise for birdwatchers. The Quetzal, the Bellbird, the Bobo bird, the orange-bellied Trogon, and many others are frequently seen. In fact, more than 200 species of birds have been observed in Curi-Cancha. Among the most commonly seen mammals are the armadillo, the coati, the guatusa, the hammerhead, the ocelot, the two-toed sloth, and three species of monkeys: the howler monkey, white monkey face and the spider monkey.
Visitors are invited to explore the trails on their own or hire the services of a guide to improve their experience. Guided bird watching walks are also available with guides who have specialized experience in finding and identifying local birds. The Curi-Cancha Reserve develops sustainable practices designed to maintain the reserve in a healthy habitat for the animals. Our main objective is to protect the flora and fauna, at the same time provide a first level service and responsible with the environment to our guests.
Departure Point :Hotels in the Monteverde area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.