Tour to the Rainbow Mountain, Vinicunca
04:00 a 05:00 hrsPick up from hotels located in Cusco
05:30 hrs.Departure from Cusco
07:00 hrs.Breakfast on Anchipacha
07:40 hrs.Departure to Japura
08:00 hrs.Arrival to Kairawiri
09:30 hrs.Trekking uphill of 3h approximately
10:45 hrs.Arrival to mountain rainbow and explanation through our guide. Free time
11:30 hrs.Return to the initial point (2h approximately).
14:00 hrsReturn by car to the town of Anchipacha
15:30 hrs.Return to Cusco
18:0 a 19:00 hrs.Arrival to Cusco, drop off in Plaza Regocijo
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up at your hotel
- Round trip shared transportation
- 1 breakfast
- 1 lunch
- Professional bilingual English / Spanish guide
- First aid kit
- Oxygen bottle in case of emergency
- Vegetarian options / special diet (communicate in advance)
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Colorado Vinicunca
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- Extra drinks.
- Transfer to hotels in Cusco (you will be dropped off in Plaza Regocijo or surroundings)
- Horse (in case you can not do the hike to Vinicunca), you must pay the mule driver S / 90 Soles per person.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro Colorado Vinicunca, Apv- Tipon-n11, Cusco 08004 Peru
THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN or better known by locals as: CERRO COLORADO CUSCO, located south of the city of Cusco - only in our region and one in Peru, shows us an impressive scenic beauty, is a geological formation through different minerals shows different hue of colors in this mountain
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Distance traveled: 10 km. Walking time 5 hours in total
- Tour recommended for people with trekking experience.
- You can lighten your step, taking a Horse (S/90 Soles pp), from the beginning of the walk to the Vinicunca mountain; However, from Vinicunca to the Red Valley there are no horses available, so you will have to walk 3h during this journey.
- Maximum Altitude: 5250 Msnm
- Minimum Altitude: 3850 Msnm
- A light backpack with a change of clothing for the entire trek - be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rainwear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $ 1.
- Heavy-duty footwear, we recommend waterproof trekking boots. Extra socks can not be missing.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, polar liners, gloves, scarf and hat chullo. The temperature drops to below 0 ° C.
- Camera, rolls and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block and sunglasses.
- Cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and morning water.
- We suggest you bring pills to sterilize the water in case you collect water from the streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROJCHI PILLS, ampoule protection, etc.
- Small towel.
- Cash - enough for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
- Walking sticks or sticks
- Binoculars (if equipped)
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.