Tour to the Rila Monastery from Bansko
Rila Monastery is definitely a must-see if you are a tourist with a free day in Bansko. The arcaded balconies, the unique frescoes – a work of one of the most famous Bulgarian Revival Period painters, the gilded iconostasis, the fabulous mountain views… and the unique combination of them all makes the visit to the monastery extraordinary and memorable one.
You will have at least two full hours of free time at the Rila Monastery to explore it for yourself, enter the main church and take photos of the narthex’s gallery, admire the exhibits in the History Museum of the Monastery, try the tasty mekitsi (Bulgarian donuts) with delicious buffalo’s milk (local specialty) or even have a short walk in the area.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the museum
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
The Rila Monastery is one of Bulgaria’s symbols, a popular tourist destination and a UNESCO site. The Monastery is set deep in the heart of Rila Mountain, between the Rilska and Drushliavitza Rivers.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ski & Board Traventuria, Pirin" Str. 92E Entrance from Pitu Guli Str, 2770 Новият Град, Банско, Bulgaria
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :2770 Bansko, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- The monastery is functioning as an Orthodox temple. Strict dress code is imposed and should be respected. Man and women should be wearing clothes covering their shoulders. Women should not wear short shorts or skirts.
- Taking photos inside the main church, the residential parts and the museum is NOT permitted.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.