Tours by SCCA
We all love Mesa Verde National Park: it represents the "tip of the iceberg" of the Ancestral Pueblo culture in Southwest Colorado. Increase the depth of your knowledge by visiting Canyons of the Ancients National Monument (CANM) with an experienced guide from SCCA (Southwest Colorado Canyons Alliance)! CANM was dedicated by Presidential decree in 2000 to protect the estimated 30,000 cultural sites and spectacular scenery within its 176,000-acre boundary. This region is the ancestral homeland of today’s Hopi, Zuni, and Pueblo people in New Mexico and Arizona. Your guide will share little-known places within the Monument and a deep understanding the landscape and cultures that lived here. Group sizes are limited to 14, so your guide will be able to address any questions you have about the history, geology, plant and animal life, and archaeology of the region. As the Friends of Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, SCCA guides know ALL the best places!
per adult from
3 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Museum entrance fee when tour includes museum.
- Entry/Admission - Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
What's excluded :
- No food, drink, or transportation included.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, 27501 Hwy 184, Cortez, CO 81323-9217
Let Southwest Colorado Canyons Alliance provide educated and experienced guides to help you get the most out of your visit to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument. We offer half-day, full-day and other adventures for all ages and fitness levels. All tours include information on Ancestral Pueblo culture, the natural environment and archaeology, with messages of Visiting with Respect and Leave No Trace ethics.
Departure Point :1: Sand Canyon Trailhead, 12975 Rd G, Cortez, CO 81321, USA
2: Lowry Pueblo, County Rd 7.25, Pleasant View, CO 81331, USA
3: Canyons Of The Ancients Visitor Center & Museum, 27501 CO-184, Dolores, CO 81323, USA
4: Dove Creek Superette, 445 US-491, Dove Creek, CO 81324, USA
5: Painted Hand Pueblo, Pleasant View, CO 81331, USA
6: 19510 Rd 21, Lewis, CO 81327, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Hiking can be strenuous. Please contact us prior to booking to fully understand the challenges.
- We offer tours for all abilities. Please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.