Tower of London and Afternoon Tea at Westminster Abbey by Vintage Bus
Travel around London in style on-board an iconic, vintage Routemaster bus with an expert guide who will regale you with interesting facts about London's history. Enjoy a private tour at The Tower of London and early viewing of the Crown Jewels before heading off to explore vibrant Borough Market. Finish your day of exploration with a delicious afternoon tea at Westminster Abbey.
Our tour begins at the Evan Evans office, where you will board a beautifully restored vintage Routemaster bus. From here, we will start our journey around London, starting at the Tower of London.
per adult from
What's included :
- Explore the many and varied food stalls of London's most famous market
- Travel on a vintage 1950's or 1960's London bus
- Entry to Tower of London
- Private tour of the White Tower with a White Tower Warden
- Entry and guided tour of Westminster Abbey (if option selected)
- Afternoon tea inside Westminster Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
- Entry/Admission - Westminster Abbey
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
Tower of London Guided Tour
The long, bloody history of 'The Tower' is one steeped in myth and legend. Countless prisoners have passed through its 'Traitor's Gate' over the years on their way to jail here, with Anne Boleyn and Lady Jane Grey among its most famous prisoners.
As well as being a notorious prison, 'The Tower' was also a place of execution. The last person executed here was in 1941, and over the years dozens have been shot, beheaded and even burned at the stake.
As one of the first groups to enter, you will beat the mid-morning crowds to catch an unspoiled glimpse of the priceless Crown Jewels collection. As well as this, you will receive an exclusive guided tour of the Royal Armouries by a White Tower Warden - an Evan Evans exclusive.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 2UP England
Tower Bridge is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London, built between 1886 and 1894. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London.
Stop At: Borough Market, 8 Southwark Street, London SE1 1TL England
Continuing on your vintage bus adventure, we head off from The Tower of London into the city. Here, we will spend some time at Borough Market, one of London's oldest and largest food markets with origins dating back to 1014.
Today, the market is a veritable cornucopia of street food, with everything from traditional British produce to international culinary delights on offer. You'll have ample time to explore the market at your own leisure and grab a bite to eat before we depart for our final destination.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
Over a thousand years of English and British history await us at Westminster Abbey, where kings and queens have been crowned since 1066.
As well as being the coronation church of the monarchy, the Abbey is also the resting place of more than 3,000 Britons, including 17 monarchs, notable literary figures such as Charles Dickens and famous scientists such as Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin.
You'll experience a fully-guided tour of the Abbey and learn all about its long history before rounding your day off with a sumptuous afternoon tea experience at the Cellarium Café located inside the Abbey. Our tour finishes here, so feel free to enjoy things at your own pace.
Please note Entry to Westminster Abbey - if selected this option.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
Parliament is made up of the House of Commons and House of Lords. It is responsible for making laws, deciding taxes and scrutinising the Government.
Pass By: Big Ben, Parliament Sqaure Elizabeth Tower - Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA England
Big Ben is the nickname for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London and is usually extended to refer to both the clock and the clock tower.
Departure Point :Evan Evans Tours, 258 Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Westminster, London SW1V 1BS, UK
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London SW1P 3PA, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note there are quite a few stairs within the White Tower and there is no disabled access.
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements at least 72-hours in advance and we will do our best to accommodate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Limited vehicle capacity empty seats left next to single travellers & odd numbered groups / Personal audio headsets provided to maintain distancing / Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures / E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff newly trained in safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.