Tower of London for kids & families Private Guided Tour
This tour will leave you breathless! There are so many fascinating things to discover in the majestic Tower of London, one of the most iconic places to visit in this magical city.
With your Blue Badge guide you will have pre-booked tickets so you won't have to wait in line at the ticket office to purchase them! Kids will be enthralled through a range of stories and anecdotes and the tour will be a great experience for all. The Tower of London is a 900-year-old castle and fortress in central London, notable for housing the crown jewels and for having held many famous and infamous prisoners.
You will see the most important parts of the castle such as The White Tower and The Jewel House, coming face-to-face with some of the most famous gemstones in the world and viewing close-up a selection crowns, diadems, scepters and dozens of pieces of golden plate.
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Local guide
- Professional kid-friendly guide
- Prebooked tickets
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pinocchio Tours, London England
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
Come and join us on this exploration of the Tower of London with all its treasures and fascinating facts! Your children will be fully engaged by your top rated and kid-friendly Blue Badge guide. They will learn a lot while having fun!
Throughout its history, the tower has served many purposes: it housed the royal mint until the early 19th century, it was a menagerie (until 1835), a records office and an armory and barracks for troops. Until the 17th century, it was also used as a royal residence.
Today, the Tower of London is one of the most famous castles in the world and is now a World Heritage Site, attracting more than 2 million visitors a year.
During this tour, you will see all the most important places, including: The White Tower, where a scene in one of Shakespeare’s most famous works (Richard III) was set; The Medieval Palace, where you will learn how historical Kings and Queens used to live; Mint Street, that shows the history of the Royal Mint in the Tower; Tower Green, which used to be the place where British nobles were executed and which now contains a beautiful memorial to all those who lost their lives within the walls of the Tower; The Chapel of St. Peter ad Vincula.
One of the highlights of the tour is the Crown Jewels, which include the crowns worn by the monarch at coronation and at the opening of Parliament. The Crown Jewels are one of the world’s largest collections of royal regalia. The entire collection is literally priceless, and pieces are still actively used in ceremonies and events centered around the Royal Family.
Moreover, you will meet the Yeomen Warders, more commonly known as Beefeaters, who are the guardians of the Tower Of London, and learn stories about the ravens that protect the fortress. The Royal Beasts are a must see, and you will learn about the wild and wonderous animals that once inhabited the Tower, making it the first ever London Zoo.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Great Tower St, Tower, London EC3R 5BT, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Parts of the Tower are not pushchair friendly due to the cobbled ground. Buggy parks are located in few areas.
- There are a large number of steps throughout the Tower with cobbles laid in some of the surfaces and pathways. There are some low doorways.
- If you get there by taxi, as the Welcome Centre is on a pedestrian street, tell the driver to drop you off on Petty Wales.
- Nearest undergroud station is Tower Hill
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear warm clothing during the winter as it can get really cold
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.