Tower of London Private Tour with Blue Badge Guide
Thanks to your highly knowledgeable Blue Badge Guide, you will be able to discover the secrets of one of the United Kingdom's most famous and historically important buildings. Highlights include the White Tower, the Medieval Tower, the Bloody Tower, the Royal Mint and Tower Green, and a visit to see the stunningly beautiful Crown Jewels is an absolute must. Your guide will recount to you some fascinating myths and legends associated with one of the most famous attractions in London. An entertaining and informative tour, not to be missed!
per adult from
What's included :
- Pre-Booked tickets
- Private Guide
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
Discover the secrets of the Tower of London on a fascinating private tour led by an expert, Blue Badge guide.
The Tower of London is one of the British Capital's most iconic monuments, and one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. It stands proudly on the banks of the River Thames, and, dating back to the 11th century, was originally built as a royal palace and residence by William the Conqueror following the Norman conquest of England. The Tower became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988 due to its historical, cultural and architectural importance, and it is one of London's oldest buildings.
Your Blue Badge Guide will meet you next to the entrance to the Tower of London, and then you will begin your discovery of this 900-year-old fortress. The complex is the only castle in the city of London, and is famous for holding the crown jewels as well as housing many celebrated and notorious prisoners.
You will be enthralled by the myths and legends surrounding the place, all ably recounted by your top-rated guide.
Your guide will show you all the highlights of the tower, including the White Tower, which was the castle's strongest point from a military perspective but which also provided accommodation for the king and his representatives; the Medieval Tower, which was once the residential area of the castle, the Royal Mint; Tower Green and the Royal Menagerie, where sculptures and installations of wild and exotic animals commemorate the former inhabitants of the Tower.
The Crown Jewels constitute one of the highlights of the tour, featuring the finest treasures of the British Monarchy, including an 800-year-old Coronation Spoon, St Edward's Crown and the Imperial State Crown. Thanks to your expert guide, you will learn all about the deep religious and cultural importance of the items in this awe-inspiring collection.
You will also have the opportunity to meet the Yeomen Warders, the guardians of the Tower and better known as “Beefeaters”. Formally, they are responsible for looking after any prisoners at the Tower as well as safeguarding the British crown jewels, though their role is primarily ceremonial these days.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The Tower of London features difficult stairs, a number of low doorways, and passageways where wheelchair access is restricted.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the winter can get very cold, please wear warm clothing
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.