Trading Jade in Mandalay half day tour
Situated along the 86th Street in downtown Mandalay, Mandalay's Jade Market, which is less visited by tourist, making it one of the few markets in Southeast Asia where an authentic experience can still be true, is an experience that brings not only culture and history but also modern Myanmar to life. For those who want to have knowledge of processing jewelry and would like to buy several ones, this tour of Trading Jade in Mandalay is suitable!
What You'll Do
• Explore the less known Mandalay's Jade Market
• Have knowledge of processing jewelry
• Buy several precious jade pieces
• Have a chance to see skillful craftsmen cut and polish the stone on wet saws and buyers and sellers as well haggle over price
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Private air-conditioned car with driver
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Water and refreshing towel
What's excluded :
- Meals other than mentioned
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- After having breakfast, you will be picked up at the hotel to get started on an amazing morning. Your first visit is at the 86th street, where you will have a walking tour of the surrounding streets. Strategically located in the northern Myanmar, nearby the jade, gold and ruby mines, Mandalay has gradually become a bustling city. This position also permits the jade industry to flourish since merchants from Thailand, India and China coalesce.
Next, you will have time to explore the market, discover green, yellow and white jades, which are the precious gems, be able to be found in all forms, from its raw, unpolished state to awesome handcrafted jewelry. You can also have a chance to see skillful craftsmen cut and polish the stone on wet saws and buyers and sellers as well haggle over price. Your interesting visit will coincide with the busiest time of the day at the vibrant jade market. If you wish to bring one of the precious gemstones home, ask for the help of your guide.
Having built up an appetite from haggling with jade merchants, you will be taken to one of the surrounding tea shops where you will be served a local lunch. It is a popular place among local merchants for an afternoon break. Here, you will enjoy curries, snacks, green tea and sweet tea while marveling over that newly purchased jade items.
Time: 9:00 – 1:00
NOTE: Price is for stand-alone tour only; price will be lower when combined with other sightseeing programs on the same day.
Departure Point :Hotels in Mandalay city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Mandalay city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.