Tradition and Culture Small-Group Tour in Yangon, Including Shwedagon Pagoda Visit
This half-day Yangon tour with a knowledgeable guide immerses you in the local life of Myanmar (Burma), which has a fascinating history infused with rich cultural traditions. Explore some of the city’s iconic attractions, including a pagoda, park, museum and market. Wander through a local residential neighborhood and the beautiful Kandawgyi Park, and marvel at the beauty of the Shwedagon Pagoda with its golden dome. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by coach
- Local English speaking guide
- Tea or coffee
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Bogyoke Aung San Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kandawgyi Park
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your English speaking guide, jump in our van and head to Chaukhtetkyi Pagoda, home to a reclining Buddha that's one of the most honoured in the country and one of the largest in all of Myanmar.
After a short visit inside the museum, continue your tour with a walk through a local residential area until you reach Kandawgyi Park, which offers views of Shwedagon Pagoda across Kandawgyi Lake. Along the way, your guide will share local stories and anecdotes, as well as answer any questions your small group poses about local life in Yangon. Then stop at a teahouse for a tea break and some people watching before heading to Shwedagon Pagoda.
Inside the eastern entrance to the pagoda, your guide will point out a very different type of local market, which demonstrates how significant Buddhism is in the daily life of Myanmar. After exploring the market a bit, you’ll climb a long, stair-filled corridor up to the pagoda platform, accompanied by your guide’s explanation of the locals’ unique Buddhist beliefs.
The magnificent golden dome of Shwedagon Pagoda rises an impressive 322 feet (98 meters) from its base and is said to have been covered with tons of pure gold, along with numerous precious stones such as jade, rubies, sapphires and diamonds. Humbling in its beauty, the golden dome is one of the city’s most iconic sites. Observe locals and monks offering their devotions as the sun sets across the golden pagoda.
After sufficient time exploring the famous site, hop back in your minivan and head back to the meeting point, an approximate 30-minute drive away. You are welcome to remain at Shwedagon Pagoda, but you will be responsible for your own transportation back to the city center.
Departure Point :Independence Monument, Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress in Myanmar is conservative, so lightweight, long-sleeved clothing is appropriate. Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be knee-length or lower. Wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather before you leave
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and a raincoat if necessary
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.