Traditional Medicine in Yangon half day tour
The strong belief in turning to nature to cure and heal, is more and more popular in nearly all Asian nations, and Myanmar is not an exception. If you want to know more about this belief, the half day tour of Traditional Medicine in Yangon is designed for you.
What You'll Do
• Know more about the usage of local herbs and plants
• Explore the market filled with plants, herbs and even sea shells stalls, all of which are used as medicines in Myanmar
• Visit the office of U Shein or Sayagyi U Nyan
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers private ground transportation with Aircon
- Meeting with Medicine Practitioner and Donation
- Professional Local English Speaking Station Guide who has Medical Knowledge
- Purified water 0.5 ml (2) bottle & (2) wet towels on sightseeing day only
What's excluded :
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- Start your day with a visit to KonZay Dan Street in downtown Yangon, where you can explore the market filled with plants, herbs and even sea shells stalls, all of which are used as medicines in this compelling country. Thanks to the explanation of your guide, you will know more about the usage of the ingredients. An array of religious items and various shops selling other goods including awesome tea leaf salad, thanaka- the yellow paste worn by many Burmese, are also here.
After visiting the market, you will be taken to the office of U Shein or Sayagyi U Nyan (note: Visit depends on doctor availability and client’s preference).
Not only in Myanmar but also abroad is the U Shein clinic well regarded for the usage of the combination of gold ash powder and local herbs to cure diseases. Before concocting a mixture of gold ash and other ingredients for an individual remedy, they use a metal object to detect problems in the patients. You can know more about this method through herbal medicines in Myanmar.
What makes the Sayagyi U Nyan clinic really famous is their holistic diagnostic method and healing with herbs. They use a combination of four traditional medicine practices (Ayurvedic concepts, astrology, hot/cold balance and Alchemy) to heal patients. On your request, Dr. Sayagyi U Nyan himself can ask you a few questions and feel pulse points to perform a health check-up on you.
After visiting the clinic, you will transfer back to your hotel
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon city
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.