Traditional Mexican Food Cooking Lesson
-This Experience intends to show why UNESCO recognizes “The Traditional Mexican Cuisine” as a World Gastronomical Heritage or “An Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.” It is full of scents and flavors been carried on for generations by the practicing of a protective way of living.
You will prepare Chiles rellenos in a very traditional way, selecting and choosing the chiles and seasoning ingredients properly. Learn the Hand made tortillas techniques for unique antojitos mexicanos, learn what is The Cecina (beef) and seafood used for one of our dishes; The Sol, Mar y Tierra Molcajete. The volcanic rock mortar is heated in a burner and in it is where the dish is prepared. It is a very unique cooking technique.
-COME JOIN US, DON’T MISS THE CHANCE TO HEAR REAL FOOD STORIES AND PREPARE A TRADITIONAL MEXICAN DISH. LEARN HOW COOKING IS A WAY OF LIFE AND LOVE IS THE OVERALL INGREDIENT.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All needed cooking equipment will be provided where we will be conducting the cooking lesson & all needed ingredients to preparing your Mexican Dish. Refreshments will be provided during cooking class
What's excluded :
- The great variety of cultures within Mexico creates different identities of flavors been noticed by regions. Understanding The Traditional Mexican Cuisine is understanding those region identities filled of scents and flavors. Understanding Mexico is understanding “MI CASA ES TU CASA.
”We start with a little Introduction of The Mexican Cuisine; then prepare both Aguas Frescas (refreshments) and Antojitos Mexicanos as Entrees of Fusion-Flavored food of Pre-hispanic and Spaniard influences, for The Main Course we prepare a Traditional Mexican Dish; Chiles Rellenos, Pipian or Mole Paste. Seafood Lovers will prepare a Cielo, Mar y Tierra Molcajete (volcanic rock mortar); Octopus, Shrimps, Flank Steak & Chicken -Optional Surcharge for Red Snapper or Lobster based upon your choice. We'll also prepare side dishes to accompany our course. Traditional Cuisine is mostly based on corn & different types of chili peppers. Our Meal is accompanied with flavored Mexican wine of selected Winery or a drink of you choice.
-Cooking is a way to show our Love to those who we care much for, so why not learning the traditional and tasty ways of preparing it yourselves…
• Antojitos Mexicanos - Preparing both Aguas Frescas and Antojitos Mexicanos as Entrees of Fusion-Flavored food of Pre-hispanic and Spaniard influences
• Chile Rellenos - We'll prepare Chiles Rellenos, Pipian or Mole Paste. Seafood Lovers prepare Cielo, Mar y Tierra Molcajete; Octopus, Shrimps, Flank Steak & Chicken.
Departure Point :Solidarity H. Ayuntamiento City Hall, Av. 20 Norte entre Calles 8 y, 10 Avenida Nte., Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.