Traditional Romanian Food and Village Museum Experience
Visit a fair with traditional Romanian products and taste a multitude of local delicacies. After your visit to fair, you will go to the Village Museum where you will see rural life and rural habits are of major importance in the history of Romania. Live this experience with a local guide.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Museum guided tour
- Snacks - Typical food tasting
- Bottled water - Natural juice
- Alcoholic Beverages - Red Wine, Beer, Digestif
- Entry/Admission - Muzeul National al Satului "Dimitrie Gusti"
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muzeul National al Satului "Dimitrie Gusti", Kiseleff Road 28-30 In King Michael I Park, Bucharest 011347 Romania
Visit a fair with traditional Romanian products and taste a multitude of local delicacies. You will savor meat products, cheese, natural juices, home-made bread, home-made cakes, sweets, syrups. Eat small sauces, sarmale, freshly prepared stew and try traditional homemade cakes. All the food is very fresh and every taste is 100% Romanian.
After your visit to fair, you will go to the Village Museum where we will see rural life and rural habits are of major importance in the history of Romania. In the first centuries of this era, the Roman colonization had to have a rural character, and before the first half of the last century, a large part of Romania's population lived in the village. Rural communities were organized to meet everyday needs, for example, the clothes were made manually.
To build the Village Museum, which Dimitrie Gusti used to call "the sad sound of the bells of the history of Romania," the houses were disassembled, piece by piece, transported by train, cart or boat to Bucharest where they were assembled on the surface today's museum on the shores of Lake Herastrau. The oldest house is built in the 17th century, and the most recent one belongs to the 19th century. Houses in hilly regions and mountainous regions are distinguished from those in the highland plain area, most of which are low-foundations, those from the areas where enemies often invade the half-buried in the earth. Merge yourself in a typical Romanian atmosphere for one day and don't miss this unforgettable experience in Bucharest!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :"Dimitrie Gusti" National Village Museum, Şoseaua Pavel D. Kiseleff 28-30, București 011347, Romania
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Communicate in advance any dietary restriction
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.