Traditional Textile Tour
The Guatemalan Guipil (Huipil) is a type of blouse worn by indigenous women and is unique in the world, made with cotton thread and woven by various techniques. Throughout Guatemala there are many weavers of the güipil who do it themselves with their looms. So weavers have also developed these beautiful traditional costumes with their loom standing. The importance of valuing the work of these artists is because each piece is unique, given its complexity, each weaver offers one design at a time. The meaning of each one can tell us different stories, from expressions of nature to religious or political symbolism.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Certified Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Quetzaltenango, Quetzaltenango, Quetzaltenango Department, Western Highlands
On the way to the tour, we will explain the architecture of the city.
Departure Point :Parque Centro América, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.