Trajan Gate fortress and 2 waterfalls in Rila Mountain from Sofia by car
One day private sightseeing tour from Sofia to Trajan’s Gate fortress and two waterfalls near the town of Kostenec in Rila Mountain by car. You will be picked up from your accommodation/hotel in Sofia at 9 AM. At the late afternoon we will sett off back to Sofia, where we will arrive at about 19.00 pm.
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Services of a professionally qualified tour guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel and parking expenses
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel/accommodation
- Soft drinks/coffee/tea/water
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Lunch expenses
- Any personal expenses
- We will pick you up from your accommodation in Sofia. Then we will drive directly to the Trajan’s Gate fortress (1 hrs). The Trajan’s Gate stands nearly 5 meters above the rock on which it was built in the 3 rd century. Most of the solid remain of ancient times, but the fortress has been renovated. The original size of the fortress is 10m. Тhe walls were more than 2 meters wider. the Trajan’s Door has almost rectangular shape. In addition to the central gate, the fortress also had five smaller ones that were used to allow soldiers to go out in the siege. Тhe fortress also had a secret tunnel.
The Trajan’s Gate fortress became a scene of Samuil’s victorious battle over the Byzantine Emperor Basil II on August 17, 986. Then the ruler of the Eastern Empire returned from Serdika’s failed siege. Tsar Samuil set him a trap in the Trajan’s Gate, and almost completely destroyed the 30,000th Roman army.
Kostenski Waterfall is located on the Chavcha River. The waterfall is a part of the 100 National tourist sites. It is about 12 m high and the highest water is in the spring. The place gives you fresh air, mineral water for SPA and coolness.
After visiting the waterfall we will have lunch at a nice restaurant nearby.
Then we will continue with a short walk to the second waterfall - Skalovitica (22 m. high). Skalovitica actually is a cascade of a few separate waterfalls.
We will also visit shortly the hut Gurgulitsa and the beautiful area around it. Then we will have about 30 min trek descending to the river. We will spend some time in the area and then we will drive back to Sofia and your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Walking of about 30 min is involved
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.