This tour is perfect if you are looking for an adventure with breathtaking landscapes driving along the most spectacular road in Romania, possibly in the world, according to the famous show Top Gear.
The tour first takes you to the beautiful 14th century Curtea de Arges Monastery which holds the tombs of the Royal families, then you go up the Transfagarasan Road to the breathtaking Vidraru Dam and Balea Lake.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
- Entry/Admission - Curtea de Arges Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Vidraru Dam
- Entry/Admission - Transfagarasan Highway
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Curtea de Arges Monastery, Bulevardul Basarabilor 1, Curtea de Arges 115300 Romania
This outstanding monument is one of the oldest churches in Walachia, built in the mid-14th century, which features intact Byzantine frescoes from 1364-1369 and is of the utmost historical importance. Apart from its architectural value, it is also part of Romanian most famous legend, “The legend of master Manole”, which our guide will uncover during the visit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vidraru Dam, Arges River between Fruntii Mountains and Ghitu Mountains, Curtea de Arges 117040 Romania
Vidraru Dam hosts the spectacular Vidraru Lake, an artificial lake created in 1965 as a reservoir. In order to construct the dam, a whole village had to be submerged under the lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Transfagarasan Highway, Dn 7C Sibiu and Arges County, Curtea de Arges 115300 Romania
According to the famous BBC show "Top Gear": “the most amazing road we've ever seen“. More than 150 km in length, offering mesmerizing mountain views, it is one of the most popular destinations in the summer season.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Le Lac Balea, Fagaras Mountains Romania
This glacier lake, nestled in the "Transylvanian Alps" is a genuine natural wonder and a must-see when in Romania.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- All students need to provide a student identification in order to receive the discount
- Low temperature in the mountain area, please dress appropriately
- Children under 4 years old cannot join group tours. Please contact us for a private tour offer.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.