Trastevere: A Self-guided Audio Tour of Rome's Medieval Village by VoiceMap
Discover the secluded alleyways, magnificent churches, medieval architecture, and hidden beauties of Trastevere, Rome’s most picturesque neighborhood. Unlike the rest of Rome, most of Trastevere was untouched by the baroque building boom, meaning it maintains the appearance of a small medieval Italian village, despite being located in the heart of a vibrant capital city. This 50-minute self-guided audio tour was written and narrated by a local tour guide who has called this vibrant Roman neighborhood home for nearly a dozen years. As you stroll Trastevere’s maze of cobblestone streets, ducking under arches dripping with vines and admiring buildings that haven’t changed in centuries, it’s easy to imagine you’ve stepped back in time. You’ll see all the important sites in this colorful neighborhood.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lifetime access to the 'Trastevere: Rome's Medieval Village' tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porta Settimiana, Via della Lungara, Rome Italy
When Emperor Aurelian built Rome’s most imposing set of defensive walls in 271 AD, Trastevere was partially included within them. Porta Settimiana is one of the Aurelian Walls’ city gates, although what you see today was heavily restored in the late 1400s.
Pass By: Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
Piazza di Santa Maria is Trastevere’s main square, and a meeting place for the many young people who flock to the buzzing district after the sun goes down.
Pass By: Fontana della Botte, via della Cisterna, 00100 Rome Italy
In 1927, sculptor Pietro Lombardi was commissioned to create a set of nine fountains to represent Rome’s rioni, or districts. Each of Lombardi’s fountains captures a specific characteristic of its particular neighborhood. Fontana della Botte or the Fountain of the Barrel represents Trastevere.
Departure Point :Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/18/2019 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Casa Di Dante, Piazza Sidney Sonnino, 5, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour is wheelchair accessible, but keep in mind that most of the streets are cobblestoned, and many do not have sidewalks, which can make it difficult to maneuver.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.