Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto Private Guided Walking Tour with Artichokes
A walk through the streets of Rome’s most traditional and picturesque district. Trastevere is a characteristic neighborhood where the Roman folklore is still alive. We'll take you around to admire the charming alleys and corners. We'll visit the Jewish Ghetto area, a lovely district, where you'll discover the story of the oldest Jewish community of Europe and will try the Roman-Jewish Fried Artichokes (Carciofi alla Giudia).
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Roman-Jewish artichokes
- Private walking tour
- Professional guide
- Licensed English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Trastevere district in Rome is often described as Rome's Greenwich Village. The Jewish ghetto is the oldest Jewish community of Europe. You’ll breathe the atmosphere of past centuries.
We’ll take you to the historic labyrinths of Trastevere, probably the only area of Rome untouched by Baroque renovations or Fascist demolitions. This area is full of small shops, excellent restaurants and medieval churches. Trastevere is the place to go for a genuine and local meal (even for the Romans!).
Your expert local guide will take you to visit the medieval church of Santa Maria in Trastevere, one of the oldest and most charming basilicas in Rome. You will cross the Tiber Island on the famous Sistine bridge and walk along the historical and pictoresque squares.
During the walking tour you will explore the speechless old houses and alleyways of Trastevere, the Ancient City Walls, as well as the third century Gate. During your tour, you will also see Vicolo del Cinque, San Callisto Palace, Piazza Sant’Egidio and Basilica of Santa Cecilia. Be ready to admire stunning mosaics at the Basilica of St. Cecilia and Santa Maria in Trastevere.
During our tour you will taste the famous Roman-Jewish artichokes (included in the price). A wonderful tour done by a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide.
Departure Point :Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible, though there are uneven surfaces
- The guide speaks fluent English
- Approximately 1.5 km of walking is involved
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes, as most of the streets are paved with cobblestones
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.