Traveling to Ancient Native Sites: The beauty of the Pueblo of Acoma
Acoma Pueblo is considered to be one of longest inhabited places in North America. The stunning old Pueblo, Sky City, lies atop a sheer-sided mesa 367 ft. (111 m) above the valley floor. October to April tours to the top are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only. April through September tours to the top are available daily
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Acoma Pueblo Sky City
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acoma Pueblo Sky City, I-40, exit 102 South, Pueblo of Acoma, NM
Acoma Pueblo is considered to be one of longest inhabited places in North America. The stunning old Pueblo, Sky City, lies atop a sheer-sided mesa 367 ft. (111 m) above the valley floor. There are about 300 two and three-story adobe buildings on the mesa, with exterior ladders used to access the upper levels where residents live. Also, ceremonial kivas still used by the pueblo year-round. Potters craft and sell the Pueblo's distinctive and highly sought-after polychrome pottery. The isolation and location of the Pueblo have sheltered the community for more than 1, 200 years.
A native Acoma guide will conduct the tour of Sky City where we will visit the massive San Estévan del Rey Mission (c. 1640). Both mission and Pueblo are National Historic Landmarks.
After touring Sky City, we will visit the Cultural Center and Haak'u Museum where permanent exhibits take visitors on a historical journey of Acoma Pueblo.
Be prepared for stunning scenery, abundant photo opportunities!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Old Town, Albuquerque, NM 87104, USA
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Albuquerque Intl Airport, 2200 Sunport Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.