TRAVEL*SAFE EXCLUSiVE Neuschwanstein Castle Tour INCLUDiNG TiCKETS (even at short notice) from Munich
DUE TO COVID-19, GUIDED TOURS OF THE INTERIORS ARE NOT POSSIBLE IN ANY CASTLE UNTIL AT LEAST 10 JANUARY 2021:
WE RECOMMEND OUR "LOCKDOWN"-TOUR 173111P22
♧|♧ Best for avoiding crowds!
Neuschwanstein Castle - a dream destination for tourists from all over the world - ... in times of Corona! Due to the comprehensive COVID-19 safety measures of the castle administration (reduction of the number of visitors by 83% to only 10 people per tour!) it is currently often impossible to get tickets at the desired date.
On this private full-day tour, you will receive - even at short notice - GUARANTEED SKIP-THE-LINE ADMISSION for the Neuschwanstein castle tour, which you can experience virtually EXCLUSIVELY due to the small groups of visitors!
From the very beginning, you will be accompanied by your personal licensed tour guide, who is of course familiar with the current situation. So all you need to do is ENJOY this day!
You can also enjoy the entertaining & informative ride in our new & comfortable Volkswagen-Minivan, where we can visit a wealth of other attractions.
LINDERHOF palace and HOHENSCHWANGAU castle can be, on request, visited as well.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee to NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE (Skip-the-Line)
- Drive in comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan (a/c), WiFi on board
- Licensed, friendly and passionate Guide with more than 20 years of professional experience
- Selected scenic routes
- Duration: 9 hrs or 11 hrs
- Bottled water
- Children (0 - 17 years) - if mentioned - get a refund of € 13.00 in cash!
- No hidden costs!
- COVID-19 SAFE
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Neuschwanstein
What's excluded :
- Lunch (we are happy to recommend suitable restaurants)
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Linderhof
- Entry/Admission - Gemeinde Oberammergau
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Oktoberfest, Theresienwiese 7, 80336 Munich, Bavaria Germany
We carefully curate our selection of sights for each tour to give you the ultimate tour experience. At the same time, this is YOUR exclusive tour, so we welcome your suggestions and do our best to accommodate your wishes. Whether you prefer to stay longer at one stop or add a whole new one, let us know and we’ll adapt your bespoke tour accordingly.
... but now: Look forward to a delightful tour, resting assured that you are in good hands with your friendly & professional tour guide, who will take you on eventful, informative yet relaxing excursions in our new VW Comfort Minivan.
...after driving along the Theresienwiese - the venue of the largest folk festival in the world, the Oktoberfest - we leave Munich and take the Autobahn (motorway) heading South ...
Stop At: Schloss Neuschwanstein, Neuschwansteinstrasse 20, 87645 Schwangau, Bavaria Germany
NEUSCHWANSTEIN castle - dream destination for innumerable travelers from all over the world! No building in Germany is visited more often than Ludwigs most famous fairytale castle, whose construction was begun in 1869.
It was dedicated to Ludwig's favorite composer Richard Wagner; the neo-Romanesque façade is deceptive that the progress made enthusiastic king build it as a high-tech castle.
During the 35-minute castle tour, you will be shown all the King's completed living quarters. On the subsequent 15-minute walk to the exit, you will pass through one of the unfinished floors, after which you will see the unusually modern kitchen of the castle and the planned bathroom.
Due to the Corona crisis, the guided tours in the castle were reduced from 58 to 10 people; demand far exceeds supply. As a participant of our excursion, however, you will ALWAYS receive SKIP-THE-LINE tickets for the tour of the castle - EVEN AT SHORT NOTICE!
Your tour guide will also ensure that you are at the castle in time for the start of the tour. In addition, it can accompany you to the "Marienbrücke" view point (here, waiting times are possible) and/or through the spectacular Pöllat Gorge.
For people with limited walking capacity, the castle tour is not highly recommended at the moment. Since the lift in Neuschwanstein cannot be used due to corona, 346 steps (and at least 500m walk) have to be completed.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Plansee Austria
Very scenic and unique journey from Neuschwanstein to Linderhof along the crystal clear lake Plansee, framed by Tyrolean and Bavarian mountain peaks.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Linderhof, Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
LINDERHOF palace in the idyllic Graswang Valley, in the middle of the Ammergau Alps, was the favorite palace of King Ludwig II. Following the French model, it was the only one of the three "fairy tale castles" to be completed. Here, too, the number of visitors per tour has been severely limited for safety reasons. On request, we can still can offer you tickets for a guided tour of the the incredibly magnificently equipped staterooms. Admission adults € 7.50 (children under 18 free admission)
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Wies 12, 86989 Steingaden, Bavaria Germany
The world's most beautiful rococo church is this 18th-century sacred building at the foot of the Ammergau Alps. Why such a jewel was built in the middle of agricultural meadows, you will gladly find out, among many other details, from your guide.
If you have enjoyed this late Baroque splendor, you can rejoice: This area called "Priest's angle" ("Pfaffenwinkel") has numerous other churches and monasteries, which we are happy to show and explain to you.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Oberammergau, Oberammergau, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
Due to the Corona crisis, the famous Oberammergau Passion Play had to be postponed for the first time since WWII. This world-renowned event, which traditionally takes place every ten years for the full decade, will not be performed until 2022.
During our guided tour of the village we will be happy to show you the Theater building with its spectacular convertible stage and also gladly explain you the enchanting wall paintings ("Lüftlmalerei").
Take the time to go shopping - numerous shops offer souvenirs in a wide and non-expensive range, including the famous Oberammergau wood carvings.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Gemeinde Oberammergau, Ludwig-Thoma-Str. 10, 82487 Oberammergau, Bavaria Germany
(OPTIONAL): A nearby chairlift takes you through the magnificent alpine world to a cosy mountain restaurant and to the start of the adventurous ALPINE COASTER at 1,270 m (4.170 ft) altitude: With the 1st world's longest weatherproof toboggan run with magnetic brakes, you can reach the valley at a length of 2,600 meters (1,6 miles) with breathtaking views and adventurous curves.
(Adults: € 13.50/Children 6-14 years: € 10.00)
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ettal Abbey, Kaiser-Ludwig-Platz 1, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
Founded only in the 14th century, Ettal Monastery is one of the highlights of this tour due to its Gothic-Baroque church with its monumental dome.
The Benedictine monks there not only run a High school, but also brew the delicious Ettal beer, which can be enjoyed on site together with specialties from Bavarian cuisine in one of the numerous inns.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Starnberger See, Possenhofener Str. 5, 82319, Starnberg, Bavaria Germany
A highlight of both landscape and history is the second largest lake in Bavaria, the 'Starnberger See', which was rightly once called the "Lake of the Dukes".
On the shores there are countless villas and mansions from bygone times.
Even today, the city of Starnberg has the highest millionaire density in Germany.
Marvel at the magnificent summer residences of Sissi, the enchanting and unhappy Empress Elisabeth of Austria.
After a short walk to the beach you will see the tiny 'Roseninsel' (Rose Island). It is the only island in the lake and was royally owned until the 20th century.
Furthermore, we show you on the opposite shore the place where Ludwig II died mysteriously on 13 June 1886.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
.Pick-up at any hotel/address in Munich at 6:00 or 8:00 AM (LATER DEPARTURE TIMES ON REQUEST).Pick-up (and/or return) is also possible outside Munich (e.g. MUC airport) on customer request; additional costs may apply. We will be happy to inform you!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note the following COVID-19 safety-instructions from the 'BAYERISCHEN VERWALTUNG DER STAATLICHEN SCHLÖSSER, GÄRTEN UND SEEN' (Bavarian Palace Department), which apply also to the Neuschwanstein tour of interior:
- 1) Data protection declaration: In accordance with our concepts for the reopening of the sights and facilities in Hohenschwangau and in accordance with the Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance, we are obliged to record the contact details of our guests for the sights in Hohenschwangau offering guided tours (e.g. Neuschwanstein castle). The data consists of the following mandatory information: first and last name, address, telephone number The purpose of data processing is the traceability of infections with COVID-19. The data collected will only be passed on at the request of the responsible health authorities to track possible infection routes. For this purpose, they are kept for a period of 12 months and then destroyed.
- 2) Distance requirement: The legally prescribed distance requirement of at least 1.5 meters (also in public spaces) applies. The flow of visitors into the ticket center building is subject to strict visitor entry controls in accordance with the Bavarian Infection Act.
- 3) Mask requirement: Masks are required in the ticket center, in the castles, in the Museum of the Bavarian Kings, on the bus, at the bus stops and in the carriages for visitors aged 6 and over. A scarf or cloth to cover the mouth and nose are also allowed.
- 4) Behavior in case of symptoms of illness: We recommend people who feel sick and/or suffer from respiratory diseases to refrain from visiting the royal palaces and the Museum of the Bavarian Kings. They are prohibited from visiting, as are people who have had contact with corona infected people in the past 14 days.
- 5) Audio guides as well as the multi-vision room and the lift are currently not available. The inner courtyard of the castle can currently only be visited as part of the castle tour. The viewpoint Marienbrücke (Mary's Bridge) is accessible (limited number of visitors).
- 6) News about the restoration: Preserving all the features of Neuschwanstein Castle intact is an ongoing task. Therefore, restoration work and restoration investigations are currently taking place. The work is expected to last until 2023. Nevertheless all rooms are accessible for visitors.
- 7) Information for wheelchair users: Due to restrictions and protective measures, people who are dependent on a wheelchair cannot currently visit the royal castles. Thank you for your understanding.
- 8) Bulky items/luggage: Please do not bring any luggage to the castle! Strollers and crabs are also not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.
- During the entire excursion, 1 GB of data volume is available free of charge (further data volume is available for a small fee).
- Are you able to walk slightly uphill from the car park to Neuschwanstein castle - approx. 1,5 km/1 mile in an hour's time? If not, we have to calculate additional (waiting-) time for the horse-hybrid carriage or the Shuttle bus (not operating during snow and ice) – Anyway, an approx. 450 meters/0.28 miles uphill walk (up to 15 % slope) or an approx. 500 meters/0.3 miles downhill walk (up to 19 % gradient) from the respective terminal to the entrance of the castle have to be managed in any case! We can gladly accompany you to make sure that you get your castle tour in time. Carriage fare: € 7.00 up/€ 3.50 down; Shuttle bus fare: € 3.00 round-trip
- Image credit Photo#4 (Neuschwanstein Throne room) © Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung (neuschwanstein(dot)de)
- TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE ...and the certainty that with ALL our tours you & your Loved ones are safe and protected - Since our vehicle is equipped with the protective partition screens (removable), we now even exceed all COVID-19 requirements: 1) Only your group travels in our Minivan, which is cleaned and disinfected after each use. Hand Sanitizer is on board. 2) As your (Driver-) Guide I can provide an up-to-date health-certificate. 3) The Minivan is driven EXCLUSIVELY by me (owner of SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE) - so there is 100% transparency and maximum security guaranteed. 4) When we leave the minivan for sightseeing, we STRICTLY AVOID ALL CROWDS AND GATHERINGS. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you have any doubts about visiting a particular attraction, we will always be able to offer alternative destinations. 5) We keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest recommendations and directives of the WHO and the German government. 6) If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. // WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE Tours - even in turbulent times - we take the situation seriously and take prudent measures to keep you safe! Stay healthy & well, with warm regards, Stefan [SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE]
- All Bavarian Castles and Palaces will be closed until 30 November 2020!
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We wish our valued customers MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & HEALTHY New Year 2021! ... WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TOUR: Trust our comprehensive COVID-19 safety measures on this and our 30 other EXCLUSiVE tours, and travel SAFELY & COMFORTABLY! (... more about COVID-19 under "Additional Info")
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.