Treasure Iceland - Ice Cave Discovery
Ice Cave tour to Vatnajökull, Iceland´s largest glacier: In the incredible surroundings of the glacier lagoon and the biggest glacier in Europe, this tour has it all: glacier hike, super jeep ride, and magical blue ice cave; the tour takes you into a remote ice cave in the Vatnajokull icecap, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the unique atmosphere of a crystal blue ice cave and the intense, beautiful blue color inside.
We meet at Jökulsárlón (Glacier Lagoon) and drive in a jeep for about thirty minutes to where we begin the hike. Then, the walk to the ice cave takes about one to one-and-a-half hours. The hike leads through a rocky and uneven terrain of glacial moraine and onto the glacier itself.
We´ll have plenty of time on this tour and fewer people than usual. If you are a photographer who wants to capture the magic of the ice cave, this is a tour we recommend for you.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
- Ice axes (if needed)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meeting point and time: Jökulsárlón (Glacier Lagoon - GPS: 64°02'53.6"N 16°10'48.5"W), every day at 10.00 from November 1 to April 30.
After we meet at Jökulsárlón, we drive in a jeep for about thirty minutes to where we begin the hike.
After the jeep ride, we hike through the beautiful, rocky terrain of glacial moraine for about one to one-and-a-half hours.
Our professional, English speaking, guides will then lead you into a remote, magical, blue ice cave.
After that, we hike back to the jeep and head back to the Glacier Lagoon.
Necessary Equipment (What to bring):
Hiking boots with ankle support and warm socks
Good, warm hiking clothes (fleece, wool, wind, and waterproof jacket and trousers)
Bring: Water bottle, lunch (energy-rich, like chocolate)
Ice axes (if needed)
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.