Trek to Namche Bazaar(Gateway to Everest) Near Kathmandu
Begin your short but rewarding trek from Kathmandu with a spectacular flight to Lukla. Lukla itself offers some insights of Everest region. Trek through Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site and experience serenity and core wilderness. Admire the Mighty white snow Capped Mount Everest (8848m), top of the world, from Hotel Everest View (3880m). Capture picturesque Khumjung village and stunning sunrise from Hotel Everest View. Observe classical Tibetan market and Sherpa Cultural Museum at Namche ( 3440m). Meet Sherpa people and interact with them.
• Exhilarating trek into Sagarmatha National Park
• Experience core serenity and wilderness
• Majestic mountain summits include Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse, Nuptse, Changtse, Ama Dablam.
• Meet friendly Sherpa people and interact with tehm
• Explore classical Tibetan Market and visit Sherpa Cultural Museum
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks on twin sharing basis with Breakfast
- All ground transportation in a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- Staff costs, including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government taxes and official expenses.
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance, which covers emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation (See the travel insurance page.
- Lunch and Dinner
- Your personal expenses.
- Hot Shower / Batteries charge / Heater during the Trek.
- Itinerary Details
Day 1: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding
Your trip beings with pick up from the hotel you are staying in Kathmandu at around 6 am in morning for flight to Lukla.
During the 30-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (9,186ft), you will enjoy one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating on a hillside surrounded by high mountainous peaks. At Lukla, a gateway destination from where your trek begins, you meet your other trekking crew members and begin packing and arranging with them. From Lukla, you start trekking. At one hour’s gradual descent, you will be at a Cheplung village from where you have a glimpse of Mt. Khumbila (18900 ft), a sacred mountain which has never been climbed. From Cheplung, you then gradually descend until you reach Phakding and spend the night.
Day 2: Trek from Phakding to Namchebazaar
Walking through a beautiful pine forest, you follow the trail north up the valley of Benkar. Then, you cross the Dudh Koshi River and go on passing Chumoa to Monjo, the entrance to Everest National Park. Then crossing a suspension bridge, you pass Jorsale village and walk alongside of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. A steep ascent brings you to the prime heartland of Sherpa village - Namche Bazaar. At one hour’s distance to reaching Namche Bazaar, if the weather permits, you can view the sights of Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse.
Day 3: Trek back to Lukla and Overnight in Lukla
The trail descends steeply downward so you need to walk cautiously as your shaky legs continuously battle the rocky terrain. After crossing the suspension bridges over the fast flowing Dudh Koshi and its tributaries, the trail becomes more level and natural. After your arrival in Lukla, you stretch those sore legs and recall the experiences of the last couple of weeks.
Day 4: Fly to Kathmandu and rest day at your hotel
You catch an early morning flight to Kathmandu after your mountain journey. After reaching Kathmandu, you can take a rest or do some souvenir shopping.
Departure Point :From the Hotel you are staying.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.