Trekking in Serra Malagueta natural Park + Assomada Market + Tarrafal Beach
Visit Cape Verde’s most traditional market and mingle with the locals
Spend 3 hours of hiking in Serra Malagueta Natural Park
See and learn about the park's variety of native flora and fauna
Relax on the most beautiful beach of Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Serra de Malagueta
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Praia City Hall, R. Serpa Pinto Praca Alexandre Albuquerque, Praia, Santiago Cape Verde
The day begins with pickup from your accommodation in Praia and heads inland to the traditional Assomada Market.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Assomada Market, Durchzugstrassevon Praia nach Tarrafal, Assomada, Santiago 7310 Cape Verde
Wander around the vibrant stalls and soak up the hustle and bustle of this island hub whilst watching the locals haggle for produce. Drive to Serra Malgueta Natural Park next, where your trekking adventure awaits. (The market is open on wednesdays and saturdays only).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Serra de Malagueta, Hauptstrasse von Praia nach Tarrrafal, Santiago Cape Verde
Drive to Serra Malgueta Natural Park next, where your trekking adventure awaits. Follow your guide as you head into the luscious landscapes of the Serra Malagueta Natural Park, which covers 774-hectacres. The park is home to the Serra Malagueta mountain range as well as over 124 species of plant, and 19 species of bird. Throughout the trek, listen to your guide share information about the local flora and fauna, many of which can only be found here in the park. There’s also the opportunity to see wildlife, including playful monkeys, a variety of reptiles, and colorful butterflies. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, find a scenic spot for a well-deserved rest and enjoy a picnic lunch in the middle of the forest.
Breathe fresh air at one thousand meters of altitude
Get to know nore than 25 types of endemic plants
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tarrafal Beach, Strand von Tarrafal, Tarrafal, Santiago 7110 Cape Verde
After that, continue the walk to the end of the trail, then drive to Tarrafal Beach where you can spend some free time chilling on the beach.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Praia, Praia, Santiago
At the end of an unforgettable day, sit back and relax on the return journey to Praia.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up in any place you want on the islandAirports
- Praia Nelson Mandela International Airport (RAI), Cidade da Praia - Ilha de Santiago - Caixa Postal nº 265, Praia, Cape Verde
- Port of Praia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring hiking shoes, flip-flops/sandals, a towel, a hat, swimwear, and sunscreen.
- Note that the visit to Assomada Market is only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.