Trekking the spectacular Simien Mountains
This trip is a great opportunity to see Ethiopian endemic species of Gelada
Your visit will benefit the park's effort to protect these great endemics and conserve the environment. The park is a UNESCO world heritage site and many species were once on an endangered list.
The trip also gives employment and a market opportunity for the local shop owners, markets, restaurants, guides, scouts, mule hires, and many more. Also all the accommodations throughout your trip are owned and run by the members of the local community. Your needs associated with your travel will be served by the members of the community.
As you visit the park you will stay in lodges run by the park. All the guides throughout the trip are locals who have had adequate trainings and experiences and scouts are hired from the park. Also for your trekking arrangements, we hire mules from the local farmers and purchase most of the items that are necessary for your stay from local shops.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Use of Trikke
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
Day 1: Gonder
Pass By: Fasil Ghebbi, Gonder Ethiopia
Day 1: Sankaber
We will meet you in the morning at Gonder Airport or your hotel in Gonder. Drive from Gonder to Sankaber camp. You can pass over the first camp site called Buit Ras. Spend a night at Sankaber camp site. You could visit some viewpoints and endemic species.
• Lunch: all meals .
Lunch ,Dinner , breakfast
Accommodation included: 2 Nights Tent
Day 2: Day 2: Geech
Pass By: Simien Mountains National Park, Ethiopia
Day 2: Geech
Walk from Sankaber to Geech. Five to Six hours walk. You could see many fascinating things including the big waterfall, river, birds, different plants, species and so on (Gelada baboons of course!). Spend the second night at Geech site.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Gondar Airport, Unnamed Road, Azezo, Ethiopia
2: Gondar Airport, Unnamed Road, Azezo, Ethiopia
Traveler pickup is offered
we pick you any place Airports
- Gondar Airport, Gonder Ethiopia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.