Trekking to Turquesa Lagoon & Carbajal Mount (Ushuaia)
Enjoy a wonderful trekking adventure to Turquesa Lagoon and Mount Carbajal and see beautiful scenery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Box Lunch
What's excluded :
- Transfers In/Out
- A day's hike at one of the most beautiful places in Ushuaia, in a journey of discovery far from the beaten paths.
After a few minutes transfer to the Tierra Mayor Valley, we will begin trekking to see the wonderful color of a glacial lake before reaching a summit with a privileged view. The walk begins with a demanding slope. After an hour's walk, the forest is behind, the slope is not as steep, and we begin to enjoy incredible views from the top.
After we reached 500 meters, the valley moderates leads to the tiny Turquoise Lagoon that, after a snowy winter may still be frozen at the beginning of October. After admiring the curious color of the turquoise lagoon, we will continue to gain altitude along a rocky ridge, and reach the summit of Mount Carbajal, from where we can see the namesake valley from an ideal perspective. From this point of view, it is easy to see the trace of the route that 10,000 years ago the glaciers made towards the Beagle Channel, during the last glaciation that shaped this unique landscape.
09:00 Pickup by the hotel
09:30 Trekking start. Difficulty: Moderate - High
10:30 Arrival to the treeline 500 masl
11:00 Turquoise Lagoon - 660 masl
13:00 Monte Carbajal Summit - Lunch - 735 masl
16:00 Arrival to the vehicle
16:30 Arrival to the hotel
November - March
Valle de Tierra Mayor
Departure Point :Pickup from the city centre hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Available from 12 years old.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.