Trier Private Walking Tour
Discover “the second Rome” in this unforgettable journey, visiting Germany's oldest town. See the various UNESCO World Heritage sites located in the city, visit the Konstantin-Basilika, the world's largest remaining Roman structure and the oldest German cathedral and listen to the stories of the birth town of Karl Marx. Let the town enchant you, with its charming half-timbered houses and its many vineyards lining the Moselle and let our guide uncover the secrets of Trier.
You will see:
* the Black Gate
* the House of the Three Magi
* Trier Cathedral
* Church of Our Lady
* Roman Imperial Throne Room
* Electoral Palace
* Imperial Baths
You will learn about:
* Germany's oldest town
* World’s largest remaining Roman structure
* Oldest German cathedral.
* How the Black Gate got its name
* Stories of House of the Three Magi
* Subterranean labyrinth of the city and its history.
per adult from
What's included :
- * Local Guide who will be with your group only
- * Private guided Tour
- * Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
What's excluded :
- * Gratuities
- * Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Trier, Germany
Our tour will start at the town's gate: the Porta Nigra (Black Gate). This UNESCO World Heritage Site was built in A.D. 180. The building was later converted into two churches and was renovated by Napoleon. On our way to the Main Market we will stop to take pictures of the Dreikönigenhaus (House of the Three Magi), a unique building from the 13th century. On the Hauptmarkt (Main Market), we will admire its charming half-timbered houses and its many medievals attractions, such as the 15th-century Gothic house called Steipe and the 16th century Market fountain. Afterwards, we will visit the Trier Cathedral, built in the 4th-century and considered Germany's oldest church.
We will also see the south side of the church, which was destroyed in the 12th-century and then replaced by the Liebfrauenkirche (Church of Our Lady), considered the earliest Gothic church in Germany. Our next stop will be at the Konstantin-Basilika (Roman Imperial Throne Room). This gigantic structure is the world's largest remaining Roman hall and it was built for the Emperor Constantine. Right next to Konstantin-Basilika, we will find the Electoral Palace, a 17th-century rococo building which is considered the most beautiful of its kind. Our last stop will be at the Kaiserthermen (Imperial Baths), where we will travel back in time by visiting its subterranean labyrinth and learn about its history.
Departure Point :Trier, Germany
Return Detail :Trier, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.